September 13 Announcements

Football tickets will be sold in the Front Lobby

$6.00 for adults, $4.00 for students

Wednesday and Thursday

-Before School 7:30-8:30 AM

-During Lunch 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM

-After School 3:30-4:00 PM

Friday

-Before School 7:30-8:30 AM

Hey if you’re in Student Council and need points, bring cookies and drinks to room 2240 for the homecoming dance. You will get two points per dollar spent!

Remember to stay in Dress Code, even for Spirit Days!

Are you interest in Soviet history and how the Soviet Union rose and fell? Do you ever wonder how the current geopolitical world emerged? Then come check out the UIL Social Studies team this Thursday afternoon in Mrs. Becker’s room, 2525. We’ll be discussing the topic for this year’s contest, the fall of the Soviet Union, along with the basics about the Social Studies team. Hope to see you there!

Stuco members!

Be sure to print your membership form off of the Stuco Moodle and turn in your $20 due with the form, or go online through the link on the Stuco Twitter to pay online. Both new and current members have to pay and turn in the form. Turn in your dues and form by this Friday the 15th during all lunches.

Thank you!

This year’s homecoming dance tickets are ONLY available online at ‘tinyurl.com/FMHShomecoming’. Homecoming is Saturday, September 16th from 8 PM – 11 PM. Make sure to come for a night of fun memories with your friends. Don’t forget to buy tickets online now for the dance!

Attention students with iPads:

If your iPad is still showing the yellow screen as a background this means you still need to complete these steps:

-1:x user agreement form

-AUP or acceptable use policy form

-Pay your $40 iPad insurance fee

-Update your iPad’s iOS to 10.3.3

All of these steps must be completed to make the yellow screen away and for you to be in compliance. The yellow screen will not go away immediately, it may take a day or two.

If you do not want to keep your iPad, please turn it in with your charger and cable to room 1225. If you are missing any equipment, you’ll be charged accordingly for the missing equipment (cables, charging block. case)

Thank you to all the groups that helped decorate the halls. They look fantastic and it was great to see how each group had a different idea for the Home Sweet Home theme. The winners of the decorating contest are:

3rd place – Circle of Friends

2nd place – Volleyball

1st place – Softball

Are you know by  your nickname at school? If you would like your normal nickname to appear in the yearbook rather than your formal legal name, come by room 1210 and talk with Mrs. Jones, the yearbook adviser. We will make note and ask your parents’ permission to use the nickname instead.

Interested in being a photographer or interviewer for Humans of Flower Mound? Sign up by going to the social media pages on either Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and click on the link in the bio, or finding one of the posters located in the hallways. Be sure to follow Humans of Flower Mound (@HumansofFLoMo)!

Do you like the theatre but not the whole “being in front of people” part? Do you like to work with your hands? Wanna be part of something awesome? Well, the theatre department needs YOU for this year’s school musical “Bye Bye Birdie”! Jobs include: costume designers, microphone technicians, painters, prop makers, scenery movers, spotlight operators, and many, many more! You don’t have to have experience, just the willingness to learn and a great attitude. Applications are available in Drama Room A. See any theatre teacher for details and come be a part of something bigger than yourself!

Attention NJHS Members!

The first meeting of the year is Thursday, September 14th, at 7:45 AM in the auditorium or 3:45 PM in the library. Lots of information for the new year, so please attend!

Do you want to make a difference in our school, community, and the globe?

Join Globally Green!

Meetings are held every Tuesday morning in room 2370 at 7:45 AM.

Globally Green is helping with the Fall Trash Bash on September 23rd and could use you!

Sign up and information are available outside room 2370.

Service hours can be earned?

Do you like games? Whether it’s strategic board games, dexterity games, CCG’s, or RPG’s, come check out the Flower Mound Gaming Society. Come out today to room 2340 after school. See Mr. Parsons for more details.

Attention all Photo Club members!

Our first meeting is this Thursday, September 14th at 7:55 AM before school in room 1200. Dues are due this week! See you then!