December 1 Announcements

The FMHS Thespian troupe attended the State Festival before Thanksgiving break. 30 students qualified to attend the national convention this summer to compete in the following categories (3 of our events achieved perfect scores):
Melissa Wikle-Costume Construction
Alex Colig-Costume Design
David Kim-Costume Design
Grace Haney & Piper Watkins-Duet Musical
Lena Brazzini, Jeff Espinoza, Meredith Conrad, Morgan Schramm, Jill Risberg,Ben Pretzer, Taylor Maimone, Audrey Stehsel and Mikayla Lagana-Group Scene
Karina Gonzales, Avery Coward, Matthew Black, Jacob Galloway, Meredith Carly, Matthew Blom, Alyssa Hedding, Casey Kassal, Abby Hill, Camryn Parnitke, Kendall Tubbs, Brandon Summers, Shelby Tufnell and Mallory Odom-Group Musical
Anjali Raghavan-Monologue
Alexis Wursten-Stage Management
Our Team Set Design Team of Patrick O’Shea, Abigail Templer, Johnny Wursten and Maya Diaz-Buikema came in 1st place
Our Team Make Up of Carlyn Perez, Mariah Jallad, Bailey Phy and Olivia McIntosh came in 3rd place
And our one act play, “Becky’s New Car” was chosen to represent Texas and perform at the International Convention this summer, Matthew Black received Best Supporting Actor for his role in “Becky’s New Car Thanks for all your support

Is science your jam? Do you need to pad that resume? Then you should join UIL science. If you are interested in participating in UIL science, please see Mr. Parsons in room 2340.

PLEASE JOIN THE DRAMATIC STUDIO PRENTS NEXT WEEK FOR “BEDTIME STORIES AS TOLD BY OUR FATHER WHO MESSED THEM UP”. THIS HILARIOUS RE-TELLING OF YOUR FAVORITE BEDTIME STORIES SHOULD NOT BE MISSED! PERFORMANCES ARE NEXT WEDNESDAY, DEC. 6 AND THURSDAY, DEC. 7 AT 7PM IN THE BLACK BOX THEATRE. TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT FMHSTHEATRE NET AND ARE $8 FOR STUDENTS AND $10 FOR ADULTS. SEATING IS LIMITED, SO GET YOUR TICKETS EARLY!! SEE YOU AT THE SHOW!!