Announcements 1-29

Have you ever thought about being a teacher? A school counselor? Librarian? Administrator? Would you like to have an opportunity for an internship in any of these areas and more? Sign up for Instructional Practices (also known as Ready, Set, Teach). See Mrs. Bell in room 1495 with questions!

on Saturday, students from FMHS and FM9 competed at the Argyle Hs UIL Invitational and did a great job at the contest! The following students won awards in computer science, computer Apps, Calculator, Math, Number Sense, Social Studies, and Science. In the calculator, Math, Number sense, and Science contests, awards were given out by grade level. 

Computer Science:

Peter Kwak 1st Place Will Cao (11th) 3rd Place Wilhem Law (12th) 7th Place

Computer Apps:

Roshan Dave (11th) 2nd Place Bryce Jurado (11t  Place Luke Dykstra (9th)- 5th Place

Calculator 11th Grade: Will Cao 5th Place 12th Grade: Nancy Xu -8th Place 12th Grade: Wilhem Law -9th Place

Math

9th Grade: Vince Tieu-8th Place

10th Grade: Tarun Gunampalli 7th place

11th Grade: Will Cao-1st Place

11th Grade: Joe Williams -8th Place

Number Sense

9th Grade: Jeffrey Zhang 2nd Place

10th Grade: Tarun Gunampa 8th Place

11th Grade: Will Cao-4th Place

11th Grade: Kaustub Navalady 9th Place

12th Grade: Nancy Xu 6th Place

Social Studies Pramod Manohar (11th) 1st Place, Juliet Rutherford (10th) 2nd Place, Matthew Bell (10th) 5th place

Science:

10th Grade: Anvith Kowtha 2nd place

10th Grade: Tarun Gunampalli 5th Place

11th Grade: Will Cao 4th Place

Congratulations to these kids and their coaches!

FMHS, let’s Go RED this week! Go Red is a national campaign by the American Heart Association to bring awareness to heart disease. High blood pressure contributes to heart disease and is called the “silent killer” because you may have it and have NO symptoms! The American Heart Association has come out with new guidelines that diagnose high blood pressure beginning at readings of 130/80. Are you the pressure? Both students and staff can get their blood pressure lunch all this week in checked during the cafeteria below the FM sign. Be proactive in taking care of your heart and sure to wear red Friday to show support for the Go Red campaign.

Did you enjoy Fashion Design 1? If so, sign up for Fashion Design 2! This is a 9-week elective class, open only to students who have taken Fashion Design 1. In this class, we will continue to explore the world of fashion through projects, sketching and sewing. Come see Mrs. Stagemeyer if you have any questions!

Hola Amigos!! Hello friends! Don’t forget to come to the Spanish club meeting on this Wednesday, January 31st after school! Join us for fun crafts, food, and beverages- from Spain- Olé!

We will be on a pep rallyschedule on Friday Feb 2 for our wintersports pep rally. All students should take note: but senior in, senior out, and cCE and Ducc students must be aware of the adjusted schedule so you are not late to classes on Friday 2/2.

REGISTRATION HELP! THE COUNSELORS WILL BE IN THE HALL OUTSIDE THE COUNSELING OFFICE TODAY AT ALL LUNCHES. THEY ARE ALSO IN THE LIBRARY AFTER SCHOOLTODAY- PARENTS ARE WELCOME! PLEASE CHECK YOUR SCHOOL EMAIL REGULARLY! THE COUNSELORS ARE COMMUNICATING WITH YOU SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

ANY STUDENT THAT WAS ABSENT OR AT A MORNING CAREER CENTER THAT DID NOT RECEIVE THEIR REGISTRATION MATERIALS- PLEASE STOP BY COUNSELING TO PICK UP THOSE DOCUMENTS