Announcements 1-30

TEACHERS, Today is Teacher appreciation day at the Boys’ home soccer games. Teachers can watch the games from the comfort of the press box and enjoy some great food and great door prizes.

JV 2 game starts at 4:30pm

JV game starts at 6:00pm

Varsity game starts at 7:30pm.

Hey students, listen up. Are you a Sophomore or Junior that has a job or looking to have a job next school year? Are you also looking to get out of school early each day? To help you with both, you need enroll in Practicum in Marketing Co-Op This class lets you work, get paid, and a grade all at the same time. Stop by to talk to Mrs. Brown in room 1455 and make sure to include it on your course selections.  You don’t want to miss this opportunity.

We will be on a pep rally schedule on Friday, Feb 2 for our Winter Sports pep rally. All students should take note; but senior in, senior out,and CCE and DJCC students must be aware of the adjusted schedule so you are not late to classes on Friday 2/2.

Have you ever thought about being a teacher? A school counselor? Librarian? Administrator? Would you like to have an opportunity for an internship in any of these areas and more? Sign up for Instructional Practices (also known as Ready, Set, Teach). See Mrs. Bell in room 1495 with questions!

Did you enjoy Fashion Design 1? If so, sign up for Fashion Design 2! This is a 9-week elective class, open only to students who have taken Fashion Design 1. In this class, we will continue to explore the world of fashion through projects, sketching and sewing. Come see Mrs. Stagemeyer if you have any questions!

Attention students! Think you’re too young to have high blood pressure? Think again! Studies show that high blood pressure is frequently undiagnosed in teens due to the absence of symptoms. Preventing and controlling high blood pressure is especially important in the adolescent years, as teens with high blood pressure tend to have more health complications later in life. Want to know your bp numbers? Get yours checked during lunch this week under the FM sign in the cafeteria, and grab a sweet heart healthy treat. Don’t forget to wear red this Friday to support National Go Red day.

Hola Amigos!! Hello friends! Don’t forget to come to the Spanish Club meeting tomorrow January 31st after school! Join us for fun crafts, food, and beverages- all from SPAIN!!! Olé

Attention French Club members: Our next in-school meeting is Thursday, February 1st at 7:45 or 3:45 in Madame Denton’s room. We will discuss our upcoming Mardi Gras party. Merci!

The North Texas Ford Dealers and Ford Motor Company Fund make education a top priority. Which is why for more than 3 years, we have embarked on a unique collaboration where every dollar invested by Ford dealers is matched by the Ford Motor Company Fundlother, making it possible this year to invest over $500,000 in scholarship awards for graduating high school seniors in North Texas At Ford, we are committed to making a positive difference in the communities and neighborhoods where we operate. We are delighted to inform you that we at Sam Pack’s Five Star Ford Lewisville have selected Flower Mound High School to participate in the Ford Driving Dreams scholarship program for graduating y your high school selected your school to receive 2 (Number of Scholarships Committed Dealership) guaranteed scholarship(s) worth $2,000 each Please encourage your students to apply online before the application deadline on February 9, Please see the attached Ford Driving Dreams Flyer containing all qualification requirements and deadlines. Qualifying Flower Mound High School seniors who apply will only be competing against each other for the scholarship award(s) and not the entire North Texas area, making their odds even greater! Scholarship applications are open until February 12 at www.forddrivingdreams.com. On the website the application can be accessed by clicking the APPLY button under APPLY FOR COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS and then selecting the North Texas option in the green box. Ford dealer-selected high schools are listed on the application website and can be accessed on the dropdown menu after students select “Yes” for all the eligibility requirements. Refer to the table below for important dates to remember during this year’s scholarship program.

January 8: Scholarship opens

February 12: Scholarship deadline

April 25: Scholarship winners announced

May 2018: Ford Driving Dreams Celebration

If you have any questions about this program please contact Sam Pack’s Five Star Ford Lewisville, Sue Bowman or email us at [email protected]