Announcements 1-5

Results came in late yesterday. This is a national competition and the creme of the crop of art events. If you know or have these students, congratulate them on their artistic success!!! Scholastic Art&Writing Awards

Kristen Burdick Honorable Mention and sliver key, Isabelle Calzada Honorable Mention, Audrey Damaske-Honorable Mention, Ali Drennen Honorable Mention and silver Key, Michelle Fang honorable Mention and Gold Key, Lauren Foster Honorable Mention and Gold Key, Lauren Fraaier Gold Key and Silver Key, Leah Geisler 2 Silver Keys, Rush Grippo Honorable Mention, Julia Hancock-Gold Key, Kenzie Hebert-Gold Key, Kaleigh Howard Honorable Mention and silver Key, Jun Kwon honorable Mention Silver Key and Gold Key, David Lawrence Honorable Mention, Emma Matocha Honorable Mention, Abby Russell Silver Key, Sam Skinner Gold Key, Catherine Tang Honorable Mention, Austin Todd Honorable Mention and silver Key, Max Woods-Gold Key and 2 silver Keys, Total Gold Key:8, Silver Key:11, Honorable Mention:14 A Gold Key works wilautomatically advance to national judging and will be considered for national awards. National Medalists w be announced on March 13

“Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations.” -Dr. Mae Jemison, first African- American female astronaut

Super Bowl was yesterday and football is over with the Cowboys not making it on top. So, come to FCA to hear about a team that always wins. We will meet from 7-9 in the Indoor Practice facility on campus. A youth pastor from Vista Ridge UMC is speaking. Bring a friend!

Help support Journey to Dream and Kyle’s Place by buying a student-designed Humans of Flower Mound t-shirt! By buying the shirt, you are helping vulnerable and homeless teenagers around the community. You can find the link to buy a t-shirt on the Humans ofFlower Mound website, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (@humansofflomo). This campaign will be running until February 26th and our goal is to sell 100 shirts, so be sure to buy yourstoday!

Future Medical Leaders is having a meeting on Monday, February 5th. We will be looking at slides of body tissues, Stop by after school at 3:45 in Ms, Shipman’s room, room 2240,

February is CTE month. What is CTE? Career and technical education, or CTE, is education that directly prepares students for high-wage, high-demand careers. CTE covers many different fields, including health care, human services, information technology, education and training, advanced manufacturing, hospitality, marketing, and many more. Here at FMHS and in LISD we offer courses that can get you started in these careers. Career Tech Ed Works!

Listen up Circle of Friends members! Tuesday, February 6th from 4-6pm, we are having our annual Valentine’s Day party! It will be hosted at Sneaky Pete’s in Lewisville, and it’ll be two hours of dancing, food, and tons of fun. For more information on the location’s address, or any other details check out the COF board in the 1200 hallway. We’d love to see you there!

Registration for May AP exams is happening Now! Please go to the FMHS webpage and click on AP Exam Registration under announcements to get to the registration information. Payments can be made online or with cash & check. Cash/Check Payments will be accepted this week during all lunches, room 1460. You MUST bring a PRINTED copy of your registration confirmation with your payment. If you paid online you are DONE! Do not wait! Late fees begin February 16 and registration will CLOSE ON MARCH 2 ND