Announcements 2-7

“Whatever we believe about ourselves and our ability comes true for us.” -Susan L. Taylor, journalist

Do you have a cappella groups like Pentatonix on your daily playlist? Are you a fan of the Pitch Perfect movies, or the Sing- Off Come check out the best a cappella singing the area has to offer on Saturday, February 10th, at the Flo Mo Aca-Fest! The show features a cappella groups from four area high schools including the award-winning groups from FMHS Headlining the concert will be DFW professional a cappella group VorTex! Tickets are $5 each, and the singing starts at 7 pm. See you there. It will be Aca-Awesome!!

It’s National Career and Technical Education (CTE) Month and your FMHS CTE teachers want to remind you that recent studies have shown that students in postsecondary CTE programs are more likely to be employed within five years than those in an academic field of study. #CTE works

You love the library and the library loves you! Come in to the library and guess how many hershey kisses and m&m’s are in the containers 2 containers, 2 winners. Winners announced on Valentine’s Day, Weds., February 14th

YOU MUST HAVE A LUNCH PASS TO ENTER THE LIBRARY DURING C/D LUNCH ON ADVISORY DAYS. 30 LUNCH PASSES WILL BE HANDED OUT UNTIL 10 AM. YOU MAY ONLY GET A PASS FOR YOURSELF.

Help support Journey to Dream and Kyle’s Place by buying a student-designed Humans of Flower Mound t-shirt! By buying the shirt, you are helping vulnerable and homeless teenagers around the community. You can find the link to buy a t-shirt on the Humans of Flower Mound website, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (@humansofflomo). This campaign will be running until February 26th and our goal is to sell 100 shirts, so be sure to buy yours today!

Spilled Ink Club will be meeting for the first time this Thursday in Mr. Parson’s room, 2340! Come either in the morning at 7:50am or after school at 3:40pm. We will be learning about the uses of fountain pens and how to write in calligraphy. If you have always admired those beautiful calligraphy fonts, then this is the club for you! Learn how to make them yourself, but don’t spill your ink!

Registration for May AP exams is happening NOW! Please go to the FMHS webpage and click on AP Exam Registration under announcements to get to the registration information. Payments can be made online or with cash & check. Cash/Check Payments will be accepted this week during a lunches, room 1460. You MUST bring a PRINTED copy of your registration confirmation with your payment. If you paid online you are DONE! Do not wait! Late fees begin February 16 and registration will CLOSE ON MARCH 2ND

Tonight is FMHS spirit night at Pokey O’s in Parker Square. Stop by between 5:00 and 8:00pm tonight and tell them you support FMHS TAFE and select your favorite flavor of cookie and ice cream and they will make your personalized ice cream sandwich! Show them anything mentioning Open House to receive a student discount!