Announcements 2-8

“Defining myself, as opposed to being defined by others, is one of the most difficult challenges I face.” -Carol Moseley-Braun, politician and lawyer

Spilled Ink Club will be meeting for the first time today in Mr. Parson’s room, 2340! Come after school at 3:40pm. We will be learning about the uses of fountain pens and how to write in calligraphy. If you have always admired those beautiful calligraphy fonts, then this is the club for you! Learn how to make them yourself, but don’t spill your ink!

Do you have a cappella groups like Pentatonix on your daily playlist? Are you a fan ofthe Pitch Perfect movies, or the Sing- off? Come check out the best a cappella singing the area has to offer on Saturday, February 10th, at the Flo Mo Aca-Fest! The show features a cappella groups from four area high schools- including the award-winning groups from FMHS. Headlining the concert will be DFW professional a cappella group VorTex! Tickets are $5 each, and the singing starts at 7 pm. See you there. It will be Aca-Awesome!!

The library loves books and chocolate! Come in today, check out a book. And while you’re there, guess how many chocolates are in the containers. 2 containers, 2 winners. Winners announced on Valentine’s Day, Wednesday Feb 14th.

Hello Flower Mound High School Team! First-THANK YOU! Y’all have ROCKED at getting students started on their applications. I really appreciate all your help and hardwork. Below is a list of the stiidents who have started the scholatship but nor yct completed and subenitted. If you could please contact them and see if you can get them to complete and turn in- That would be awesome. Deadline is February 12. Once again, please let me know how I can help.

FloMo Nation-please see attached photo regarding one of our own Jaguar and his accomplishment in sculpture/ceramics. Great job, Sam we are proud of you! I am so excited to announce that one of our own Jaguars, Sam Skinner, was invited to participate in this years’s 52nd annual K-12 exhibition at the National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts conference in Pittsburgh, PA. Sam is a senior in our AP art program and his sculpture, “Cowboy Snake” will be on display during the conference for thousands of visitors to view. Ower 1800 works were submitted and only 150 were chosen for the show. This exhibition is one of the biggest stages, in the ceramic world, for a student to be invited to, Weare proud and excited about all of Sam’s hard work and expect great things to come out of him in the future. Attached is a photo of the work.