Announcements 2-9

The 2017-2018 Statewide Community Service Project for DECA is Mission: Comfort! Mission: Comfort encourages DECA members to collect blankets to be donated to the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital and Children’s Medical Center of Dallas. Blankets will be given to children and families during their stay as a warming, comforting gift. This year FMHS DECA wants to be LIMITLESS with our donations and ask the FMHS student body to consider donating new blankets, plush animals, small pillows, or children’s books to this great cause. FMHS DECA will be collecting donations in room 1455 till Friday, February 16.

Registration for May AP exams is happening NOW! Please go to the FMHS webpage and click on AP Exam Registration under announcements to get to the registration information. Payments can be made online or with cash & check. Cash/Check Payments will be accepted this week during a lunches, room 1460. You MUST bring a PRINTED copy of your registration confirmation with your payment. If you paid online-you are DONE! Do not wait! Late fees begin February 16 and registration will CLOSE ON MARCH 2ND

The library will be closed during A and B lunch today. No lunch passes will be issued.

Roses are red, Violets are blue, Valentine’s Day is Wednesday… And have we got a deal for you! Don’t bother with flowers that wilt or cavity causing candy. Get your valentine something better! A handmade gift from the Art Club. Next week during all lunches, we will have a Valentine’s Craft Sale. Come by our table in front of the library and select a gift that your valentine will truly love!

Do you have a cappella groups like Pentatonix on your daily playlist? Are you a fan of the Pitch Perfect movies, or the Sing- Oft? Come check out the best a cappella singing the area has to offer on Saturday, February 10th, at the Flo Mo Aca-Fest! The show features a cappella groups from four area high schools including the award-winning groups from FMHS. Headlining the concert will be DFW professional a cappella group VorTex! Tickets are $5 each, and the singing starts at 7 pm. See you there. It will be Aca-Awesome!!

Help support Journey to Dream and Kyle’s Place by buying a student-designed Humans of Flower Mound t-shirt! By buying the shirt, you are helping vulnerable and homeless teenagers around the community. You can find the link to buy a t-shirt on the Humans of Flower Mound website, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (@humansofflomo). This campaign will be running until February 26th and our goal is to sell 100 shirts, so be sure to buy yours today!

Hello Flower Mound High School Team, First-THANK YOU! Y’all have ROCKED at getting students started on their applications. I really appreciate all your help and hardwork. Below is a list of the students who have started the scholarship but not yet completed and submitted. If you could please contact them and see if you can get them to complete and turn in That would be Awesome!! Deadline is February 12. Once again, please let me know how l can help!

Books are like a box of chocolates you never know what you’re gonna get! But 2 winners know what they’re gonna get if they guess the correct amount in the Valentine’s containers. They’re gonna get a container filled with chocolate. Come to the library today and take a guess. Winners announced on Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14th.