Announcements 2-20

LISD High School Art Show 2018 Flower Mound High Winners

Best of Show-Tama Higuchi-Roos, Fish

Juror’s Choice-Max Woods, Dancing With Death

Principal’s Choice-Max Stockdale, Papap

Ceramics Honorable Mention-Austin Todd, Tea for One 2

Drawing Honorable Mention-Alexandra Santiago, Little Rock

Painting 3rd Place-Riley Miller, Still Life: Once Knew; Honorable Mention-Savannah Peterson, A Work of Color

2D Honorable Mention-Alexandra Santiago, Face with Black and Red

Sculpture 1st Place Fatima Ghazi, Voodoo Doll; 3rd Place Lauren Frazier, El Vaquero De Tejas

Photography Honorable Mention-Lauren Foster, Extreme Cravings

The men’s wrestling team won a 12th consecutive District Championship Friday at Coppell, and Coach Davis was recognized as the District “Coach of the Year”: All 14 team members advance on to the Region II Championships this weekend in Allen. Results were as follows:

4th Place: Jason Perez and Jacob Cote

3rd Place: Destin Fisher, Nick Chasteen, Jack Robinson and J.D.Lee

2nd Place: Luke Cambere, Jagger Baird, and Zack Raineri

District Champions: Reed Dearnbarger, Avery Camper, John Lisenby, Kolton Alexander, and Jake Carrillo

Good Luck at Regionals! Go Jags!

Texas Association of Future Educators held their annual Teach Tomorrow Summit at LaTorretta Resort on Lake Conroe and at Sam Houston State University from Thursday through Saturday and FMHS was well represented! Here are the results:

NATIONAL QUALIFIER! Courtney Moitz, Exploring Education Administration Careers

State events (these do not advance and are held in Texas only)

Blue ribbons: Chapter yearbook- Saige Pruitt, Tessa Welch, Chaeryn Yoon, and Seyoung Choi (team event); Teacher Created Materials-Chaeryn Yoon and Seyoung Choi (team event); Bulletin board-Maggie Muse and Abby Russell (team) and Courtney Moitz (individual)

Gold seal: Portfolio- Maggie Muse, Yenna Park, Abby Russell, and Tessa Welch (individual event)

I am very proud of our students and their hard work and the way they presented themselves this past weekend. Many students from other schools were not allowed on stage to receive their awards because they were not in TAFE dress code. All Flower Mound students were in professional dress the entire time. Courtney is the first FMHS TAFE member to qualify for nationals and will be going to Orlando, Florida, June 20-24 to compete on the national level. Thank you for your support of these students

The more students participate in career and technical student organizations, the higher their academic motivation, academic engagement, grades, career self efficacy, college aspirations and employability skills. Join DECA and TAFE today! Career Tech Ed Works!

The library will be closed during B, C, and D lunches today. No lunch passes will be issued.

If you have a school issued iPad and are not using it for the remainder of the school year, please return the iPad, case, cord and charging block to Ms. Funnell in Suite A if your last name is A L or return to Ms. Garvey in the Counseling Suite if your last name is M-Z.

Help support Journey to Dream and Kyle’s Place by buying a student-designed Humans of Flower Mound t-shirt! By buying the shirt, you are helping vulnerable and homeless teenagers around the community. You can find the link to buy a t-shirt on the Humans of Flower Mound website, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (@humansofflomo). This campaign will be running until February 26th and our goal is to sell 100 shirts, so be sure to buy yours today!