Announcements 2-21

Want to be a part of the award winning Rosette Drill Team? The MANDATORY tryout meeting will be Thursday, March 8th at 7:00pm in the FMHS Cafeteria. If you cannot attend the meeting, you must contact Ms. Elmore prior to the meeting. Come be a part of the 20th year of Rosettes!

The following students will be attending the Texas Academic Decathlon State Meet in San Antonio, and will leave after school on Wednesday, missing their classes on Thursday and Friday, and return on Sunday. They have spent the last 7 months studying Africa, and will be taking tests on Math, Music, Economics, Literature, Art, Science, and Social Science all related to Africa. They have also written an essay, will give a prepared and impromptu speech, and be interviewed by a panel of judges. Please wish them luck! They know they are responsible for any work missed.

Honors Category:

Chuk Uzowihe (10)

Shreya Lingam (10)

Akshay Durvasula (12)

Scholastic Category:

Carleigh Jernigan (12)

Chase Hood (12)

Anne Marie Kluthe (11)

Varsity Category:

Sam Bommareddy (12)

Safwat Khan (10)

Rishit Podder (10)

Congratulations are in order for a several of our team members from last weekend’s San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo Shootout! Allow me to share the great news…

TRAP: Ty Wheeler shot his first 25-Straight in Trap. He also shot his first 50-Straight, 75-Straight, and his first 100 Straight! That’s right, Ty scored a perfect 100 in Trap which moved him into the Finals for the Shootout. What a time to show up with the Straights! The competition was stout as 2 other athletes also shot a 100 Straight. In the end, Ty bested his 100-Straight with another 25-Straight to clinch the win with an amazing 125/125 beating the others by 1 shot and winning a $10,0000 scholarship in the process! Way to go Ty!!! To prove how competitive this weekend was, 26 athletes shot 98 or better in Trap. That’s what I call being focused!

Sporting Clays:

Next up, Brandon Reising finished 2 in sporting clays and 2nd HoA. To say the targets were tough would be a huge understatement… they were insane! It was impressive how Brandon maintained his skill throughout the competition. Brandon lost by only 2 shots combining the West & East courses. Had they included the Super Sporting (side event) into the calculations, he would have easily won HOA by 3 shots. Brandon not only won the respect of everyone at the competition, he also won a brand new BLASER F16 Sporting Shotgun! Congrats Brandon! Eric told me to let everyone know if anyone is looking for a new F16, give Brandon or Eric a call quick…I’m certain it won’t last long!

Garrett Walsh also performed very well finishing 8th out of well over 900 athletes! Well done Garrett!

Ty competed in the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo Jr Shoot-Out this past weekend. It’s a very large event with over 1000 kids across Texas participating over a 4 day period. It is widely considered to be one of the most competitive and lucrative youth target tournaments across the country. Ty was the Trap Event Champion and won a college scholarship of $10,000 by shooting a perfect 125 out of 125 targets.

Flower Mound High School has four teams going to the State Competition this weekend, held in Greenville, TX: these teams are competing for the Worlds Championship, held in Louisville, KY.

Team 2019B:

Phillip Boltan, Zaal Buhariwalla, Rishi Chebrolu, Yash Dalvi, Kush Garg, Teja Gorantla, Charlie Guo, Ashwin Kudva, Adam Yook

Three time Tournament Champions and Three time Skills Champions

Team 2019C:

Vaibhav Gaddam, Justin Han, Rithvik Kalidindi, Smyan Kothapally, Jay Lee, Chris Mei, Soham Patel, Neel Sheth, Yashwant Vallapareddy, Adrian Wong

Skills Champions, Tournament Finalists, and Judge’s Award

Team 2019D:

Christian Peterson, Abraham Rice, Cole McAnelly, Pearse McLeigh, Abel Thomas, Ashwin Narayanan, Conan Xie, Katelyn Drew, Vedanti Kumbhar, Randy Allen, Rishit Podder

Tournament Champions and Judges Award

Team 2019E:

Adan Corral, Adam Ghanem, Saumya Gunampalli, Mahek Kakkar, Jiwon Lee, Raashi Mohan, Mahima Ravi, Catherine Tang, Aaron Xu Tournament Finalists and Two-time Design Award recipients

Team 2019F: Muneeb Asad, Aiden Childs, Carter Henry, Garrett McGee, Colin McKeen, Saravan Narayanan

Three-time Excellence Award recipients, Tournament Champions, Skills Champions, and Judge’s Award

Team 2019X: Abhinav Chadaga, Rupin Vaidya, Aditya Patel, Shantanu Vinchurkar, Raul Santos, Kiran Kaur, Sloan Davis

Three Seconds, Build award, Judges Award

Team 2019A: Rohit Shetty, Om Dalvi, Shaan Jani, Ruthwik Kella, Jason Perez, Srikar Potlapaili

Two Seconds, and Two build awards.

Attention Seniors: If you have a school issued iPad and are not using it for the remainder of the school year, please return the iPad, case, cord and charging block to Ms. Funnell in Suite A if your last name is A-L or return to Ms. Garvey in the Counseling Suite if your last name is M-Z.

The Student Activists Club will host a meeting this Thursday after school at 3:45 in Mrs. Becker’s room, 2525. Come join us to talk about officer positions and discuss recent events!

YOU MUST HAVE A PASS TO ENTER THE LIBRARY DURING C/D LUNCH TODAY. A LIMITED NUMBER OF LUNCH PASSES WILL BE GIVEN OUT FOR UNTIL 10 AM, YOU MAY ONLY PICK UP A PASS FOR YOURSELF.

I AM SECOND MEETS EVERY FRIDAY MORNING FROM 7:15-7:45AM IN THE FOOTBALL FIELDHOUSE TEAM RO0M. EVERYONE IS WELCOMED. WE HAVE FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES. IT IS ALL YOU CAN EAT, SO COME HEAR SOME GREAT SPEAKERS EVERY FRIDAY MORNING AT 7:15AM AT I AM SECOND.  FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @FM_IAMSECOND FOR MORE INFORMATION.

The FMHS Young Republicans club will be having a meeting Thursday morning at 7:50 in Mr. Dilts room, room 2200. Come by to discuss how we can improve our schools!