Announcements 2-27

`As an act of solidarity and honoring the brave teachers, students and victims of the school shooting at Majory Stonemason Douglass HS in Parkland, Florida, Student Council would like to invite all teachers, staff members and students to wear MSD High School’s school colors- Maroon, Burgundy, and Silver on Wednesday, February 28th. This day is significant because it will be the 1st official day back for students after the February 14th tragedy. I want to stress this is not a dress up day: it is day we can show our strength as educators and students by standing together in times of tragic obstacles. It is also a day we can be sympathetic to the apprehension and concern of going back after a devastating event.

The library will be closed during A, B, and D lunches today. No lunch passes will be issued.

COLLEGE VISITS

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 27th:

FASHION INSTITUTE OF DESIGN & MERCHANDISING

NAVY

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28: UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA

MARINE CORPS

THE COUNSELING OFFICE WANTS YOUR PICTURE!!! SENIORS BRING ANY WALLET SIZED PICTURE AND WE WILL PUT IT ON OUR OFFICE BULLETIN BOARD. WE ARE CELEBRATING YOU!!!

Come to the culture fair organized by South Asian Club on Thursday, March 1st at 6:00 in the FM9 cafeteria to enjoy food, speeches, and presentations about the different cultural clubs at FMHS! Admission is free and there will be a henna booth as a fundraiser; all proceeds go to Bhutanese refugees in our area. We hope to see you there!!

The FMHS Rosettes present their Spring Show  “Under the Big Top” on March 1-3. Tickets are available online, visit www.fmhsrosettes.com. Come see the Grand Champion Rosettes, C’est la Vie A Cappella group, FMHS Drumline, The Brosettes, and the Rosette Dads! Tickets go fast, so secure yours today!

Want to be a part of the award winning Rosette Drill Team? The MANDATORY tryout meeting will be Thursday, March 8th at 7:00pm in the FMHS Cafeteria. If you cannot attend the meeting, you must contact Ms. Elmore prior to the meeting. Come be a part of the 20th year of Rosettes!

We had our Texas State DECA Career Development Conference this past weekend and the students did an amazing job! There were about 4,200 students from across the state competing. Texas is the largest association in the nation for DECA members and has seen tremendous growth over the past three years.

The following students competed at State CDC in their respected events:

Dylan Allen and Josh Nelson competed in Business Law and Ethics Team Decision Making Event

Kolbey Gateley competed in Accounting Application Individual Series Event A

Jone Herselman competed in Finance Operations Research Event

Varsha Kodali and Kevin Lu competed in Business Law and Ethics Team Decision Making Event A

Mikayla Lambert competed in Financial Literacy Promotion Project Chapter Event

Aline Nguyen competed in Hotel and Lodging Management Individual Series Event

Samir Rahman competed in Financial Consulting Individual Series Event

Kirk Thomas competed in Business Service Marketing Individual Series Event

Jone Herselman and Samir Rahman advanced to DECA International Career Development Conference in Atlanta, GA! They will be attending with 1,300 other Texas DECA members. Kolby Gateway and Kirk Thomas also placed and are alternates for ICDC,

The more students participate in career and technical student organizations, the higher their academic motivation, academic engagement, grades, career self efficacy, college aspirations and employability skills. Join DECA and TAFE today! Career Tech Ed Works!

Attention all Technology Club members! TSA event registration is Wednesday afterschool.  Because you can not register on your own, you are required to attend tomorrow’s meeting Again, TSA event registration is Wednesday afterschool. Please be there, as we wish to register everyone who wants to participate in TSA this year.

Attention Seniors If you have a school issued iPad and are not using it for the remainder of the school year, please return the iPad, case, cord and charging block to Ms. Funnell in Suite A if your last name is A-L or return to Ms. Garvey in the Counseling Suite if your last name is M-Z.

We are having a German club meeting tomorrow, Wednesday the 28th after school in Ms. Marrow’s room. Come enjoy some fun Easter themed games and German food.