Announcements 3-26

The winning student for week 2 of a prom ticket is… Rebecca De La Vega!

Attention Seniors: Today you can go to your attendance clerk and pick up your attendance exemption sheets.  You can only be exempt for your nine week course final exams. This sheet is what you show your teacher to see if you are exempt from finals based on your grade.  You must be present at school on Wednesday and Thursday, even if you are exempt.

UIL

Flower Mound High School: 138 blue ribbons, 63 red ribbons, 32 white ribbons, 17 green ribbons

Number Sense:2nd place Team (Will Cao, Tarun Gunampalli, Nancy Xu, & Jeffrey Zhang), 4th Place-Tarun Gunampalli (10th)

News Writing: 2nd place-Devon Regal

Persuasive Speaking: 1st place-suket Shah (11th) 2nd Place-Kyle winter (11th), 5 Place hita Palit (10th)

Poetry Interpretation: 2nd Place -lshita Palit, 3rd place-Anisha Gowda (11th)

Ready Writing: 1st Place-Keerthana Rameshbabu (11th)

Science: 6th Place-Tarun Gunampalli (10th)

Top Biology Score Daniel Miao (10th)

Top Chemistry score Tarun Gunampalli (10th)

Social Studies: 2nd place- Pramod Manohar, 6th place-Juliet Rutherford 10th)

Spelling:5th Place-Jacob Thomas (12th)

The speech and Debate students also won the Team Speech Award by scoring the most points out of all of the schools at the meet.

These students helped lead FMHS to a 1st place Sweepstakes finish.  We are proud of all of our students who competed and how well they did at the District meet I also want to say a huge thank you to all of our coaches who have been working with these students since the beginning of the school year: Megan Uken, and Elaine Hitch, Barbara Richardson, Susan McMichael, Marie Jones, Eric Mears, Dave Parsons, Sydney Bentz, Mallory Singleton!

Want to win two free tickets to JMBLYA in Dallas on May 4th?  Tweet the link to your favorite story from https://fmhswire.com along with why its your favorite!  Use the hashtag #WireJMBLYA to enter the raffle. You may enter as many times as you want.

The Dramatic Paws One Act Play season came to a close Saturday night.  They received alternate to the Area level of contest.  Awards went to:  Abigail Templer, Outstanding Technician, Morgan Schramm, Honorable Mention All Star Cast, Ben Pretzer, Best Actor.  Congratulations to these students for representing Flower Mound in the best possible way and always preforming at their best!

Congratulations to the FMHS Varsity tennis team for placing 1st place in the Crowley Varsity Tournament this past Friday.  The Varsity Tennis team will resume play on April 4th and 5th in the District Tournament at Marcus.

Seniors… If you ordered a Cap and Gown or Announcements and did not pick them up last Thursday or Friday while Jostens was here distributing them in the MPR, stop by the front office as soon as possible to pick them up.

The library will not be checking books in or out this week due to inventory. An announcement will be made when inventory is finished.

Time for you and your peeps to come to the library! It’s time to guess how many Jelly Belly jelly beans and Cadbury mini eggs are in the containers. 2 containers, 2 winners.  Winners to be announced in just 2 days, this Wednesday.

Universities visiting on Monday 26th at all lunches: Southern Arkansas University, University of Texas at Austin, University of Nebraska, University of Iowa, Utah State University, A&M- Texarkana, Louisiana Tech

A.P. Comparative Government and Politics review sessions will start tomorrow after school.  They will be held every Tuesday in Mr. Washler’s room (2435).  Review sessions will begin at 3:45 and will last about 45 minutes.  See you there!

A.P. US Government review sessions will start today after school.  They will be held every Monday in Mr. Washler’s and Mr. Johnson’s rooms.  Today’s review session will be held in Mr. Washler’s room (2435).  Review sessions will begin at 3:45 and will last about 45 minutes.  See you there!

AP Psychology test review sessions start today in room 2425, Mrs. Owen’s room at 3:45.  There are only 44 days until the exam.  If you cannot make it, stop by on Tuesday and get some materials.