Announcements 4-9

STAAR EOCs

STAAR English EOCs this Tuesday & Thursday! We will be on a modified schedule on Tuesday, April 10- Eng 1 day & Thursday, April 12th-Eng 2 day. Students that go to the Career Centers in the afternoon will be dismissed from 2nd period 11:45 for lunch.

Teachers, you will be sent a list of students that need to leave for lunch early due to the Career Center bus schedule.

Students that are taking and English 1 or 2 EOCs, please check with your teachers for your room assignments. All tests will begin 1st period.

Scholastic Art and Writing Competition

Congratulations to FMHS Senior Michelle Fang who was named as a Scholastic Art & Writing NATIONAL GOLD MEDALIST!

Last fall and winter, students from across the country submitted nearly 350,000 works of art and writing to the 2018 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. Almost 19,600 works earned regional Gold Keys and advanced to nationals in NYC. Of those Gold Key works, just 3,259 received National Medals. Michelle’s painting “Laughter” was selected as one of the top 1% of art and writing submitted to the 2018 Scholastic Awards! As a Gold Medalist, she has been invited to The National Ceremony at Camegie Hall in New York City where she will be awarded for her accomplishment. If you see Michelle, be sure to congratulate her!

College Visits

UT TYLER AND NCTC ARE VISITING TODAY AT ALL LUNCHES—

Lacrosse

Come out and support your hometown lacrosse team this Saturday!

Flower Mound Lacrosse vs. McKinney.

JV plays at 3 pm.

Varsity plays at 5 pm.

Gate Fee: Adults $5 and students are free.

Location may be at Shadow Ridge or Marcus… TBD.

Robotics

Congratulations to our first Robotics Team for making it to the Finals Alliances selection.  Placing and receiving the Creativity award.  FMHS Robot is highly original in concept and execution.

Wellington World Fest

Wellington Elementary is having their annual World Fest this Friday, April 13. They are in need of high school student volunteers. If you are interested please see Mrs. Owens in room 2425 for the sign-up genius link.

Humans of Flower Mound

The Humans of Flower Mound t-shirts are in! If you ordered one, please pick it up after school at FM9 in Room 9118 (Mrs. Killough’s room)!