Announcements 5-1

Technology Club

FMHS Technology Club Announcements The FMHS Technology Club will be holding a very important student meeting this Wednesday. We will be talking about next year student officer elections, specifics of the end of the year banquet, and summer camp. This meeting is mandatory Please tell your fellow club members and urge them to attend.

Seniors

Attention Seniors: If you are no longer using your school issued iPad for your classes, please return it to Ms. Funnell in Suite A.

AP Human Geo Project Donations

FM9 AP Human Geography classes are working on a community service project to reduce infant mortality in developing regions of the world. Our students are putting together Baby Boxes with items that will help decrease the death of a child under the age of one. We have partnered with the Denton Friends and Family Women’s Shelter to provide items they need for local families. This is where you come in Jags; we are in need of infant sleepwear, washcloths, baby blankets, socks, pull-ups (2T-5T), diapers, Johnson’s baby wash, shampoo, and lotion. And if you didn’t catch that list, be on the lookout for the flyer posted in the hallways. Needed items will be listed there. Come by and see Mrs. Killough in room 9118 at FM9 for a smile and a hug for each donation. We’ll be collecting items from now until May 11th. I know we can give big, Jag Nation, so do a good deed for a family in need!

Spanish Club

Spanish Club Members, don’t forget to come tomorrow for our next meeting. We will take our Club Picture so don’t miss out. In the last meeting of the year, Wednesday, May 30, we will frame the picture and decorate the frames for your end of yeargiftfrom Spanish club, we will After picture and snacks we will watch “Coco” in Spanish

iPads

If you have a school issued iPad, please update it to the latest update.

AP Macroeconomics Review

The AP Macroeconomics review session scheduled for Tuesday, May 1, after school, has been postponed to next Tuesday, May 8. Check your email for a an email from me, which has a link to great review Content. Students will be taking another very current AP Macroeconomics Practice Exam Tuesday, May 8. Hope to see you next week, Tuesday, May 8, 3:40 p.m.

Graduation Caps and Gowns

SENIORS you are closing in on Graduation DAY Please make sure you have ordered your cap and gown for the graduation through Jostens. You can PLACEYOUR order at lostens com or by calling 1-800 JOSTENS is important that you make this a priority to get your graduation items ordered.

Mission 22

According to the department of veterans affairs study, each day over 20 veterans take their own lives, but together we can win the war against veteran suicide. Join Mission 22 to let ourVets know that they have any army of supporters behind them. A simple donation can get the treatment when veterans need it the most, Now! Your teacher will have an envelope to accept donations all week until Friday. Please help this worthy cause.

Signings

SIGNING MAY 1ST @2:30 MPR: Tonia Adeyemi- Track and Field- University of Houston

Orchestra Concerto Competition

Congratulations to FMHS Orchestra member and violist Yong Ha Jung who won the Lynn Harrell Concerto Competition this past weekend. As winner ofthe competition he will have the opportunity to perform as featured soloist with the Dallas Symphony orchestra on June 9th. This competition involves students from all across the South Central United States. Please pass along a congrats to him if you see him, and mark your calendars for June 9th when Yong Ha will perform Bartok Concerto for Viola with the Symphony at the Meyerson. Go Jags.

Attention Juniors and Seniors: Prom tickets are $85 this week. Purchase tickets any time online at tiny url.com/FMHSProm2018 Cash and check purchases can be made ONLY on Tuesday and Thursday before or after school in 2240 ar 2535. Online prom ticket sales will end Friday at 4:00pm so plan accordingly. Tickets will be sold at the door for $100, We look forward to seeing you all dressed up dancing the night away.

Come to the first meeting of the Mental Illness Awareness Club, where we discuss and try to bring awareness to the topic of mental illness. We’ll meet in Mrs. Garrett’s room, 2535, today after school.

Rotary Youth Leadership Awards

LAST CHANCE TO APPLY FOR THE Rotary Youth Leadership Awards! CHECK: [email protected] or www.RYLA90.org

Vex Championships

Team 2019 F placed 39 in championships.

Congratulations to team 2019 B who came in 39 in the world championships.

Congratulations to Mentor McGee for being mentor of the year.

Congratulations to Team Invictus for this team broke the Vex skills world championship world record.  

Invictus members are: Henry Liu, Justin Chae, Jake Magee, Anuj Jain, Tarun Gunampalli

Members of Other Teams are: Adam Yook 394529, Ashwin Kudvn 374268, Phillip Bolton 397828, Yash Dalvi 374243, Kush Garg 1006194, Teja Gorantla 377319, Charlie Guo 3743464, Rishi Chebrolu 395489, Randy Allen 398418, Aiden Childs 386396, Carter Henry 386312, Garrett McGee 385373, Colin McKeen 10093656, Saravan Narayanan 387177, Muneeb Asad 10068366