Announcements 8/29

Mumz4Kidz

1 in 4 kids in North Texas will go to bed hungry tonight. But when you skip mum or garter and donate just $50 to MUMZ4KIDZ, your money will feed “at-risk” children and families during the holiday season. When you donate at least $50, you will receive a MUMZ4KIDZ Homecoming t-shirt in FMHS colors to wear instead of, or in addition to, your mum or garter. How exciting is it to think about how this generation could be known as the generation of change, of selflessness, and of courage? An immense number of young people are questioning their duty on Earth. Maybe, just maybe, this is the first step. Please register at MUMZ4KIDZ.com before August 29th to receive a shirt. Join us as we stand up and change hundreds of lives. Teachers are invited to participate as well.

UIL Social Studies

Are you interested in the various U.S. civil rights movements and in the role news media played in the movements? Do you ever wonder how the U.S. has worked towards extending the value of “all men are created equal” from the Declaration of Independence? The come check out the UIL Social Studies team this afternoon in Mrs. Becker’s room, 2525. We’ll be discussing the topic for this year’s contest, the Civil Rights movement, along with basics about the Social Studies team. Hope to see you there!

Football Tickets

Football Fans! Football Tickets will be sold in the Front Office this week at the following times: On Thursday In the Morning – Before School, During All Lunches, and After School until 4:00pm. On Friday In the Morning-Before School ONLY

DECA

Attention DECA students: we will be hearing from our officer candidates tomorrow at our 7:45 meeting only. Please make sure you are in room 1455 to hear what they have to say.

Varsity Tennis

The Varsity Tennis Team opened District play yesterday with a 16-3 victory over Lewisville. The Jaguars move to 7-2 on the season and will resume play Friday at Byron Nelson. Go Jags!

Student Activists Club

The Student Activists Club will have its first meeting of the year tomorrow, Thursday, after school in Mrs. Becker’s room, 2525. We will be writing postcards to prospective voters encouraging them to vote and discussing plans for the year. Hope to see you there!

Rowdy Crowd

What’s up Jaguars! If you’re joining Rowdy Crowd, don’t forget to bring your $15 for a shirt buy this Thursday to Ms. Belcher’s room, room 2225. Also, our next meeting is this Thursday after school in the cafeteria. let’s get rowdy and Go Jags!

Spanish Club

Spanish club is going to get started up again! Each month we highlight a different Spanish speaking country. At all meetings we have food, games, fun, and speak a lot of Spanish. Please come to the informational meeting in Mrs. Medjkane’s classroom, 1645 on Thursday, August 30 after school. You will need to pay $24 dues, elect officers, help plan out the year’s events, and select a t-shirt design. Nos vemos!

Circle of Friends

Circle of Friends members! Our first general meeting will be held today in the Main Library during all lunches! Come get to know our kids and bring your friends! We can’t wait to kick off the year and we want to see y’all there!

I AM SECOND

I AM SECOND will be meeting every Friday morning in room 1230 in the main campus from 7:15-7:45. Come to I AM SECOND and hear some amazing testimonies. Bring your friends and join us for all the pancakes you can possibly eat. Follow us on Twitter for I AM SECOND updates @fm_iamsecond. We look forward to see this Friday morning.

Musical Auditions

Audition information and applications are now available for the all school musical Mamma Mia. On the Mamma Mia callboard, which is in the performing arts hallway, you will find links to any and all information you need to be in the show or on a crew. We are looking for the best actors, singers, dancers, and crew members to create this fun and exciting show! If you have any questions, see a theatre teacher.

FMHS Tech Club

Attention all FMHS Tech Club members. There will be a student meeting after school today from 3:45-4:00 pm in Mr. Szydlik’s room. All members should attend the informational meeting about how we will start the year. We will also place you in a team if you are not already a part of one.