Announcements 8/30

ASLHS and ALS Club

Congratulations 2018-19 ASLHS and ALS Club Officers! ASLHS President-Abby Hill, Vice President-Anna Peloquin, Secretary-Emma Mees, Public Relations Officer-Izzy Williams, Art Coordinator-Izzy Olson, Class Reps- Grace Hoffman, Savvy Jackson, Anna Peloquin, Trevor Baughman, and Cole Hood. ASL Club Presidern-Kaylynn Lauriano, Vice President-Savvy Jackson, and Secretary-Elena Hiegel. Congratulations! It’s going to be an amazing year.

Art Club

Don’t forget, we’re meeting after school TODAY to work on Homecoming decorations in room 1100 on the main campus! And we are still accepting new members! Swing on by for more information! That’s Ms. Harper’s room 1100, in the art hallway. See you there!

Student Activists Club

The Student Activists Club will have its first meeting of the year tomorrow, Thursday, after school in Mrs. Becker’s room, 2525. We will be writing postcards to prospective voters encouraging them to vote and discussing plans for the year. Hope to see you there!

Spanish Club

Spanish club is going to get started up again! Each month we highlight a different Spanish speaking country. At all meetings we have food, games, fun, and speak a lot of Spanish. Please come to the informational meeting in Mrs. Medjkane’s classroom, 1645, today. Don’t forget to bring $24!

I AM SECOND

I AM SECOND will be meeting every Friday morning in room 1230 in the main campus from 7:15-7:45. Come to I AM SECOND and hear some amazing testimonies. Bring your friends and join us for all the pancakes you can possibly eat. Follow us on Twitter for I AM SECOND updates @fm_iamsecond. We look forward to see this Friday morning.

UIL Social Studies

Are you interested in the various U.S. civil rights movements and in the role news media played in the movements? Do you ever wonder how the U.S. has worked towards extending the value of “all men are created equal” from the Declaration of Independence? The come check out the UIL Social Studies team this afternoon in Mrs. Becker’s room, 2525. We’ll be discussing the topic for this year’s contest, the Civil Rights movement, along with basics about the Social Studies team. Hope to see you there!