Announcements 10/29

Driver’s Ed.

Drivers Education information for the Winter Session is now available on the information stand at the Fromt Office. Applications and tuition are due to LISD by December 19th. Classroom instruction starts January 9th.

Spanish Club

Attention Spanish students and Spanish speaking students. It is not too late to join Spanish Club! Come to Señora Medjkane’s room, 1645 to get a membership form. Also, we are now taking orders for our new Spanish Blub t-shirt that is $14. They are turquoise and 100% cotton. Son padres y chéveres. All Spanish Club members need to make sure they have joined the Google Classroom to get announcements. The code is outside of room 1645. Also, please mark your calendars to come to our celebration of Day of the Dead on Thursday, November 1.

FMHS Band

Congratulations to the Flower Mound Marching Band on advancing to the state marching band contest! The band captured 1st place in both prelims and finals! We are so proud of the kids and their hard work! The band will head to San Antonio next weekend to begin competing for the state title. More details to come!

2018 Stuff the Pantry

FMHS is collecting canned goods for the 2018 Stuff the Pantry. Turn in goods to your second period teacher. The two classes with the most cans win a cookie party! Items worth 2 points are canned evaporated milk, canned fruit, instant potatoes (boxed), canned pie filling, canned yams, boxed stuffing, chicken broth, sugar (2lb. bag), and canned cranberry sauce.

FCA

Sunny today and chances of rain Wednesday. Want to wear your awesome Halloween costume without worrying about getting it wet in the rain? Then dress up and come to FCA tonight from 7-9 to hear Ben Faber from the Pais team speak a message of truth and hope. Follow us on Twitter @FMHSFCA or join our Canvas page for other info.

PTSA Reflections

Hey Jags! It’s time for the 2018 Texas PTSA Reflections program! This year’s theme is “Hero’s Around Me” and you can choose one or more of these categories: Visual Arts, Photography, Music Composition, Dance Choreography, Literature, or Film Production. The deadline for submissions is November 2. Check the Flower Mound HIgh School homepage or the Facebook page for more information.  

FMHS Young Republicans

The FMHS Young Republicans will be having a meeting tomorrow morning at 7:50 in Mr. Dilts room, 2200. T-shirts cost $20 and is due on that day, hope to see you there!

Art Club

Don’t forget, our Halloween party is Tuesday after school in room 1100, Mrs. Harper’s room! Come on by for some fun and frights. The food sign-up list is also on Canvas. We’ll see you there!