Announcements 10/31

iPad Update

Apple has released iOS 12.1 to fix some of the bugs in iOS 12. Please make sure you update your iPad to iOS 12.1 at your first convenience. Thank you.

Driver’s Ed.

Drivers Education information for the Winter Session is now available on the information stand at the Fromt Office. Applications and tuition are due to LISD by December 19th. Classroom instruction starts January 9th.

Art Club

We have a face painting event this Friday at the public library. If you have signed up to volunteer, or want to volunteer, please come see Mrs. Harper in room 1100 for more information. As always, thanks for serving our community,

Spanish Club

Look forward to seeing all of you tomorrow, Thursday. November 1, to celebrate Day of the Dead. If you are interested in joining Spanish Club it’s not too late. Come to room 1645 to fill out a membership form and pay dues.

French Club

Our next meeting is Thursday, November 1st, at 7:45 or 3:45 in Madame Denton’s room. We will be discussing our movie night.

Creative Writing Club

The Creative Writing Club will hold its first meeting of the year after school Monday, November 5th and before school at 7:35 on Tuesday, November 6th in room 1140. If you are interested in writing, come join us!

2018 Stuff the Pantry

FMHS is collecting canned goods for the 2018 Stuff the Pantry. Turn in goods to your second period teacher. The two classes with the most cans win a cookie party! Items worth 2 points are canned evaporated milk, canned fruit, instant potatoes (boxed), canned pie filling, canned yams, boxed stuffing, chicken broth, sugar (2lb. bag), and canned cranberry sauce.

FMHS Swim and Dive

The FMHS Swim and Dive Team had a close meet against the State Champion Southlake Carroll Dragons last night. Kayla Wilson placed first and Kamryn Wong placed second in Girls Diving. Jenna Watson won both of her events and Jacob Dix won the 100 backstroke. Our next meet is Saturday at the LISD Eastside Aquatic Center in The Colony or next Tuesday at home versus JJ Pearce. Thank you to everyone who came to watch last night.

College Visits

The following colleges will  a representative available for questions during all lunches: Drake University, Utah State University, and SMU. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn more about the colleges’ programs.

PTSA Reflections

Hey Jags! It’s time for the 2018 Texas PTSA Reflections program! This year’s theme is “Hero’s Around Me” and you can choose one or more of these categories: Visual Arts, Photography, Music Composition, Dance Choreography, Literature, or Film Production. The deadline for submissions is November 2. Check the Flower Mound HIgh School homepage or the Facebook page for more information.  

GSA

This Thursday the GSA, Gay Straight Alliance, will be having it’s annual Halloween party after school in room 1300. Come on down for food, fun, and a Halloween piñata!