Announcements 2/1

FMHS Young Republicans

The FMHS Young Republicans will be having a meeting this coming Tuesday, February 5th, in Mr. Dilts’ room, 2200. Come by to find out about our upcoming events!

AP Test Registration

Attention all students in AP classes. Please listen closely: Have you registered for the May AP tests? Regular registration is now through March 1st at 11:59 AM. Be careful when . You can always add tests later but you cannot get refunds for tests once you register for them. Read all instructions on the testing page carefully and only register for the tests you are sure you are going to take. Each test is $95 and you will pay online. The registration information can be found on the FMHS website under resources and then the link is under testing information and AP testing. See Mrs. Zinn in room 1460 if you have any questions about registration or testing.

Mr. FMHS Pageant

If you’re interested in participating in the 2019 Mr. FMHS Pageant, please pick up an application outside room 2410. They are due back to Mrs. Owens in room 2410 by Thursday, February 7th at 3:40. The winner will receive a scholarship of $250 or more so make sure to apply!

French Club

Our next meeting is Tuesday, February 5, at 7:45 or 3:45 in Madame Denton’s room. We will discuss our cooking class.

Bus Change

Attention students who normally ride bus 422. Students who normally ride bus 422 will be riding bus 431 temporarily. We are not sure exactly how long this will last but there will be an update on the announcements with any changes. Again, students who normally ride bus 422 will be riding bus 431.

Go Red Week

Next week, FMHS will be observing the American Heart Association’s Go Red week. Go Red is designed to increase women’s heart health awareness and encourage commitment to making heart healthy changers. This year the FMHS and FM9 nurses are focusing on making sure your CPR skills are up to date. Student volunteers will be under the FM sign during all lunches next week teaching Hands-Only CPR. Take a minute during your lunch next week and learn or be refreshed on this life-saving skill. Please join us in wearing RED on Friday, February 8th to raise awareness of heart health.

Black History Month

Today marks the beginning of Black History Month, which is a celebration of African-American history held each year in February. February was chosen because it is the birth month of both Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass. Throughout the month of February, we’ll share quotes from and biographies about influential African-Americans throughout history