Announcements 2/14

Black History Month

As part of Black History Month, today we honor Jesse Owens. Owens was an African American track athlete who is known as one of the greatest track athletes of all time. He is most known for his outstanding performance at the 1936 Olympics, held in Berlin. Oe of Owens’ famous quotes is, “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.”

AP Registration

Attention all students in AP classes. Regular registration is now through March 1st at 11:59 am. Late registration ends on March 6th. Please go ahead and register now! Be careful when registering. You can always add tests later, but you cannot get refunds for tests once you register for them. Read all instructions on the testing page carefully and only register for the tests you are sure you are going to take. Each test is $95 and you will pay online. The registration information can be found on the FMHS website under resources and then the link is under testing information and AP testing. See Mrs. Zinn in room 1460 if you have any questions about AP registration or testing.

Career Out

In order to prepare for Career Out, students need to complete the following: Attend a mandatory meeting prior to the experience on Wednesday, February 20th from 3:45-4:15 in the MPR room. An invitation to a course called Career Out was sent to you through Canvas. This course contains documents you will need to access prior to the campus meeting. Please accept this invitation. Print out the Parent Permission Form in the Career Out Canvas course. You may also access the form via the link below. Bring this signed form to the campus meeting. https://bit.ly/2HS300l. Fill out the Student Information Form found in the Canvas Course by February 15th. Questions? Email [email protected].

Prairie View A&M University College Tour

Are you interested in a college tour of Prairie View A&M University? If so, LISD is hosting a trip to the university on Saturday, April 13th. The cost is $60 per student–which includes transportation and meals. For more information and to pick up a permission form–please see Mrs. Easterling in Suite A by Friday, March 1st.

Parking Lot Violations

Only students with the correct sports parking complex hanging tags can park in the Tennis/Baseball/Softball parking lot. Consequences will be issued to anyone without the proper hang tag and/or proper decal sticker.

Library Announcement

Roses are red, violets are blue, Sora has ebooks, just for you! Download the OverDrive Sora app and start checking out ebooks, or stop by the library for more information.

Rosette Spring Show

The Rosette Spring Show “Twenty Years of Us” is next week, February 21-23 at 7:30pm in the FMHS Auditorium. Tickets are on sale on the Rosette website, www.fmhsrosettes.com. Ticket sales at the door will be cash only. Come see the Rosettes with special guests, FMHS Studio Prents’, FMHS Choir, FMHS Drumline, Brosettes, and the Rosette Dads. Hope to see you there!

Texas Association of Future Educators

Are you trying to decide what to give your favorite Valentine? Your worries are over! Nothing Bundt Cakes will be here at the end of the school today, February 14 selling a variety of bundt cake flavors for you to buy on your way out of the building. They take cash or cards. Problem solved! You’re welcome! From Texas Association of Future Educators.

Spirit Day

This week’s spirit day is “Best in the School, Best in the Pool.” Make sure to show your support for our swim team as they go off to State by wearing any FMHS spirit wear or the school colors.