Announcements 2/15

Black History Month

As part of Black History Month, today we honor Ida B. Wells. Wells was one of the founders of the NAACP, which is a bi-racial organization whose mission is to advance justice and rights for African Americans. Wels was a civil rights leader who famously said, “the way to right wrongs is to turn the light of truth upon them.”

We also honor Jesse Jackson,  a civil rights leader and two time Democratic presidential candidate. Jackson pressed for broader employment  opportunities for African-Americans, he negotiated the release of dozens of international hostags and prisoners, and got the opportunity to be apart of MLK’s inner circle during his life. One of Jackson’s famous quotes is, “Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping him up.”

Career Out

In order to prepare for Career Out, students need to complete the following: Attend a mandatory meeting prior to the experience at ONE of the following times: Wednesday, February 13th at the beginning of Jag Time in the MPR room OR Wednesday, February 20th from 3:45-4:15 in the MPR room. An invitation to a course called Career Out was sent to you through Canvas. This course contains documents you will need to access prior to the campus meeting. Please accept this invitation. Print out the Parent Permission Form in the Career Out Canvas course. You may also access the form via the link below. Bring this signed form to the campus meeting. https://bit.ly/2HS300l. Fill out the Student Information Form found in the Canvas Course by February 15th. Questions? Email [email protected].

Ford Scholarship

Seniors, if you are applying for the Ford Scholarship, you need to be sure to complete the application this weekend. There are quite a few seniors who have started the application but haven’t finished it. Let’s get this taken care of this weekend.

StrEATz & bEATz

One of life’s toughest questions–burritos or tacos? Take your pick and grab lunch from the StrEATz & bEATz food truck next week! Serving a chicken carnitas burrito or Korean tacos. Don’t miss it on Tuesday from 11:30 pm until 1:30 pm.

Prairie View A&M University College Tour

Are you interested in a college tour of Prairie View A&M University? If so, LISD is hosting a trip to the university on Saturday, April 13th. The cost is $60 per student–which includes transportation and meals. For more information and to pick up a permission form–please see Mrs. Easterling in Suite A by Friday, March 1st

Parking Lot Violations

Only students with the correct sports parking complex hanging tags can park in the Tennis/Baseball/Softball parking lot. Consequences will be issued to anyone without the proper hang tag and/or proper decal sticker.

Library Announcement

Looking for something to do over the long weekend? How about an ebook! Download the OverDrive Sora app and you will have access to a ton of great books! Visit the library for more info.

Rosette Spring Show

The Rosette Spring Show “Twenty Years of Us” is next week, February 21-23 at 7:30pm in the FMHS Auditorium. Tickets are on sale on the Rosette website, www.fmhsrosettes.com. Ticket sales at the door will be cash only. Come see the Rosettes with special guests, FMHS Studio Prents’, FMHS Choir, FMHS Drumline, Brosettes, and the Rosette Dads. Hope to see you there!

District Art Show

Everyone is cordially invited to the District Art Show held at the MCL Grand tonight from 7 to 9. Come out and support our Art winners!