Announcements 2/22

Black History Month

As part of Black History Month, today we honor Martin Delany, an African American Abolitionist and the first African American field officer in the U.S. Army. Martin Delany went to Harvard Medical School along with only two other black students, but was dismissed after a short time due to a group of white students petitioning his removal from the institution. One of Delany’s famous quotes is, “Every people should be the originators of their own destiny.”

Adera Foundation

The Adera Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping kids in Africa. A student is collecting soccer cleats for the organization so that kids in Africa can play soccer in good shoes. If you have any old soccer cleats that you no longer use, please donate them in the clear tub out by the FM sign in the cafeteria. Sizes need to be 8-12 for boys and 6-10 for girls.

SPC Announcement

Students, your voice matters. So, don’t miss the opportunity to give your input on what you would like to see in the revised Suicide Prevention lessons. Come attend a discussion group on Wednesday, February 27th during Jag Time in the library. The sign up sheet and permission slip is in the counseling office. Please stop by the counseling office before Monday, February 25th to sign up.

AP Registration

Attention all students in AP classes. Regular registration is now through March 1st at 11:59 am. Late registration ends on March 6th. Please go ahead and register now! Be careful when registering. You can always add tests later, but you cannot get refunds for tests once you register for them. Read all instructions on the testing page carefully and only register for the tests you are sure you are going to take. Each test is $95 and you will pay online. The registration information can be found on the FMHS website under resources and then the link is under testing information and AP testing. See Mrs. Zinn in room 1460 if you have any questions about AP registration or testing.

Interact Club

Do you have old shoes that you never wear?  Interact Club has partnered with Soles4Souls to collect new and gently used shoes for people in poverty. If you have any shows that you want to get rid of, please bring them to one of our collection bins around the school. Thank you and have a great day Jags!

Spirit Day

This week’s Spirit Day theme is “score a hat trick.” Show your Jag Spirit by wearing a hat this Friday to support our Jag soccer teams!

Rosette Spring Show

The Rosette Spring Show “Twenty Years of Us” is THIS week, February 21-23 at 7:30pm in the FMHS Auditorium. Tickets are on sale on the Rosette website, www.fmhsrosettes.com. Ticket sales at the door will be cash only. Come see the Rosettes with special guests, FMHS Studio Prents’, FMHS Choir, FMHS Drumline, Brosettes, and the Rosette Dads. Hope to see you there!