Announcements 3/6

FMHS Literary Magazine

Calling all writers! Submit your original creative writing for a chance to be included in Flower Mound’s online literary magazine, Et Cetera! See Ms. Lynch in room 1140 for details and a submission form. The deadline to submit is March 22nd.

Tennis

Congratulations to the FMHS Tennis Team yesterday as they defeated Denton Guyer 15-5 on senior night. They will resume play on Friday, March 22 in Arlington. Go Jags!

Art Club

Hey Art Club members! We’re having our monthly meeting today after school. And don’t forget, service hours are due! We’ll be meeting in Ms. Harper’s room, room 1100, so swing on by! See you there!

Theatre in Our Schools

Did you know it is Theatre in Our Schools month? Our fun fact of the day: Lewis Hallam, Jr., founded the American Company in New York and presented the first professionally mounted American play — The Prince of Parthia, by Thomas Godfrey — in 1767. Exciting!

Senior Exemptions

Seniors of nine week classes, do not forget to pick up or turn in your exemption sheets to your attendance clerk by Wednesday, March 6 in order to be exempt. Absences will continue to count through Friday, March 8. Even though you are exempt, you are still expected to be present. Thank you.

Practicum in Marketing Co-Op

Students, are you also looking to get out of school early each day? How about earn some money while earning credit? To help you with both, you need to enroll in Practicum in Marketing in Co-Op! This class lets you work, get paid, and a grade all at the same time. Stop by to talk to Mrs. Brown in room 1455 and make sure to include it on your course selections. You don’t want to miss this opportunity.

Movie in the Stadium

Movie in the Stadium tickets are being sold today and tomorrow during lunch for $5. Movie in the Stadium will be held Wednesday, March 20 at Lewisville High School. In addition to admission to the event, students who purchase a ticket will be allowed to leave school 30 minutes early on April 18, giving them a head start on the long weekend.