Announcements 3/22

Et Cetera

Calling all writers! Submit your original creative writing for a chance to be included in Flower Mound’s online literary magazine, Et Cetera! See Ms. Lynch in room 1140 or email her at [email protected] for details and an entry form. The deadline for submissions is March 22nd.

Lost and Found

The drawers in the front office are overflowing! Check the Lost and Found today and get your belongings back. All items not claimed by this coming Monday will be donated.

Spanish Club

Spanish Club members! Next Thursday, March 28, we will meet in room 1645 after school to celebrate the Independence Day of the Dominican Republic. There will be various fresh fruits and Dominican food, so we are looking forward to all Spanish Club members to come and chill out with some good food. We will have pupusas and fried plantains. We hope to see you next Thursday after school at the back of the main campus!

NHS New Officers

Congratulations to the following National Honor Society Officers for 2019-2020: President: Samantha Surdek, Vice-President: Grace Li, Historian: Niyati Prabhu, Co-Secretary: Emily Goodspeed, Co-Secretary: Ishita Palit, Treasurer: Cara Kelly, Co-Parliamentarian: Eric Haddad, and Co-Parliamentarian: Macie Webb.

Theatre in Our Schools

Today marks the end of Theatre in Our Schools month kick off week. Despite common misconceptions, not all Broadway Theatres are on Broadway. The term actually denotes a New York professional theatre’s size. Broadway theatres have 500 or more seats, off-Broadway have 100-499 seats, and off-off-Broadway have less than 100 seats. With about 850 seats, our auditorium could serve as a broadway theatre! Have a great rest of your month and best of luck to our theatre students as they compete at the UIL district contest today!