Special Seniors, Wonderful Week

Claire Burgess, Staff Writer

Senior week is a memorable time for most students. At the football game on Friday night against Plano West, upperclassmen involved in this eventful night will be recognized.

One organization, The Rosettes, treat their seniors in a very special way throughout the week. Underclassmen on the team pick a senior to spoil. Seniors receive a gift every day, and the best gift is given on Friday at the game. Monday’s gift may be candy and a note, but  Friday’s gift could be a monogrammed blanket, a gift card to her favorite store, or even a James Avery ring. But no matter the gift, each senior is left feeling honored and appreciated for her time given on the team.

After the game on Friday night, a sweet tradition for senior Rosettes is the “rose petal” pictures. The seniors will go on the field and take class pictures and best friend shots with rose petals as a symbol of Rosettes.

Other organizations such as soccer are also recognized at the game.

“Seniors will just walk on the field with their parents, but we don’t give gifts earlier in the week,” junior soccer player Brooke Frazier said.

Every senior band member is honored as well before the football game on Friday night. The announcer calls every senior to be recognized in front of the Flower Mound community. It is a special moment for the seniors as they are remembered for their hard work and dedication to the school and their organization.

“There are too many of us to do individual gifts, but we still take pictures after the game,” senior trumpet player Ellen Warner said.

Each section in the band also makes a video of the seniors waving goodbye and the videos are put on the slideshow at band banquet.

Senior week will always be regarded as a favorite week by the graduating class and underclassmen.

“I have looked forward to this week since freshman year,” senior Rosette Allison Mayes said.