Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Jaguars Lassoed by the Cowboys

Kim Graydon

Wilson Stadium was packed with fans on October 18 when the Flower Mound Jaguars faced the Coppell Cowboys for homecoming.

With a score of 27-18, the game ended with a Jaguar loss. Junior quarterback Connor Wanhanen was able to put points up for the Jags when he rushed for a touchdown, and senior running back Cole McKeel also ran for a touchdown.

“I thought that the team played with a lot of heart,” McKeel said. “Coppell is third in the nation, so of course everyone kept telling all of us that we weren’t going to win. But I think the team put it in their minds that anyone is beatable.”

By the start of the fourth quarter, the Jaguars were down by 8 points. After McKeel’s touchdown with 5 minutes left on the clock, team members realized a win was possible.

“After the second touchdown everybody went crazy because we were going to go for the two point conversion to tie the game up,” McKeel said.

However, the Jaguars were unable to tie up the game and the Cowboys had enough time on the clock to score one more time.

“Even though we didn’t get the chance to score those two points, everyone was still wound up,” McKeel said. “But Coppell had to do some trick plays in order to beat us. It’s good to know that they had to rely on trick plays as a last resort.”

Learning from the past two games, Head Coach Dane Johnson has a clear goal.

“Our goal now is to have two good halves,” Johnson said. “In the Lewisville game we had a bad first half but a good second half; it was the same in the Coppell game too. If we can put two good halves together, then I think we can be a really dangerous team.”

The Hebron Hawks will host the Flower Mound Jaguars in the third district game on October 26, at Hawk Stadium. With their new goal in mind, the Jaguars will fight for a victory in hopes that the win will get them another step closer to the playoffs.