Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella ReynaOctober 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Theatre Students Participate in National TOTS-Eat Program

The International Thespian Society (ITS), a division of the Educational Theatre Association (EdTA), is pleased to announce the participation of Flower Mound High School Thespian Troupe 6154 and McKamy Middle School Junior Thespian Troupe 88787 in the 2012 Trick or Treat So Kids Can Eat (TOTS-Eat) program.

Trick or Treat So Kids Can Eat is a national community service program of the International Thespian Society with ITS member schools collecting canned and dry goods for local charities and food banks throughout the month of October. A year ago theatre students all across the United States collected over 304,000 pounds of canned food. The McKamy Middle School and FMHS troupes collected a combine 4,107 pounds of canned food, the second-most among all Texas TOTS-Eat participants.

“TOTS-Eat is a great way for us all to work together as a student body to make a difference in this world,” Bailey McMahon, president of FMHS Troupe 6154, said. “We can help change lives one can of food at a time.”

On October 1, the ITS students from Flower Mound High School will begin collecting canned food donations to help support Christian Community Action (CCA). Students will accept canned food at the main office at Flower Mound High School (3411 Peters Colony Rd, Flower Mound).

The McKamy Middle School IJTS group is collecting canned goods October 1-26 in a school-wide effort. Donations of canned goods can be made at the McKamy Middle School office (2401 Old Settlers Road, Flower Mound). Boxes are also in place in the cafetorium for donations. The McKamy goal this year is 4,000 pounds of canned food.

FMHS will also hold a special TOTS-Eat collection during the October 11-13 Dramatic Paws performances of Charley’s Aunt. Persons attending the performances of the comedy are asked to bring full-sized canned goods to the Jack and Donna Clark Auditorium. As a bonus, the individual who donates the most cans of food at each performance will receive four tickets to the FMHS Dramatic Paw ‘Prents production of The Hobbit (December 6-7). Individuals will need to donate a minimum of 10 full-sized cans to qualify for the ticket drawing.

The Educational Theatre Association (EdTA) is a national nonprofit organization with approximately 90,000 student and professional members. EdTA’s mission is shaping lives through theatre education by honoring student achievement in theatre and enriching their theatre education experience; supporting teachers through professional development, networking opportunities, resources and recognition; and influencing public opinion that theatre education is essential and builds life skills. The International Thespian Society is the student honor society division of EdTA.

Visit Flower Mound Theatre’s website for more information: www.fmhstheatre.com