Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Red Ribbon Spirit! You Got It?

A teen can get advice from their parents every day, but is that enough? FMHS counselor, Michelle Derebeew, asked that same question in 2007. Her idea to get students involved was to write letters of encouragement to each other. Not only to be “drug free” but to stay strong in ones beliefs and remain healthy.
This process involved students of all ages. Elementary students started writing to high school students, and high school students began writing to elementary kids in return. This way the older generation can give the younger kids advice to help their future. Also the elementary remind high school students what you’re like when you don’t do drugs.

The young kids love getting letters from high school students and they really affect the kids. The elementary students send really sweet, funny, and innocent letter to the high school students. Both letters are fun to read and truly effective.

There is no problem with getting advice from your parents, but sometimes students need to hear advice from people that understand what they’re going through. These ideas created Red Ribbon Week.

FMHS participates by having Red Ribbon spirit days. This week’s spirit days include Super Hero day to represent the life you could save, Wear Red Day to make people around you aware, and Red White and Blue Day to “Campaign for Victory”.