Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Thanksgiving Escapes

Students at Flower Mound High School are eagerly awaiting their first major vacation of the school year. The week-long Thanksgiving Break will start on Monday, November 19. Many are preparing for trips all over the United States and around the world.

The five most popular Thanksgiving vacation destinations for students at FMHS consist of London, New York, the Caribbean, Hawaii, and Disney World.

The majority of students who chose London did so because of all the sights to see and all the interesting places to go. Many love to see Big Ben, the London Eye, and Buckingham Palace.

“I went to London for Thanksgiving the past two years with my family,” sophomore Lindsey Boudreaux said. “We enjoy going around, looking at all the old buildings and being able to spend more time with each other.”

New York is another well-liked choice due to all the available Thanksgiving activities, including the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving’s Day Parade. Times Square is also a beautiful place to visit during Thanksgiving.

“My family and I have gone to New York every Thanksgiving,” sophomore Hailey Laferriere said. “We always watch the parade and have a huge celebration dinner afterwards.”

Hawaii and the Caribbean are enjoyable tourist destinations regardless of the occasion, and many students go on cruises to the Caribbean and to Hawaii to escape the chilly, breezy weather of Texas in the fall. The warm sun and beaches are a welcome change to students.

“It’s extremely warm in Hawaii during the winter,” freshman Fiona D’Souza said. “My family and I have fun by the ocean on Thanksgiving every other year.”

Disney World is always an entertaining place to go for Thanksgiving because of their early Christmas parades and celebrations such as the annual Christmas Day parade and Disney’s Christmas decorations.

“It seems odd to celebrate Christmas during Thanksgiving, but we love going there with our family.” junior Elizabeth Osondu said. “We enjoy spending time together on Thanksgiving.”

As students pack up for their own destinations this Thanksgiving, many will be enjoying their vacation at home with visiting family members. After all, Thanksgiving is about spending time with family, no matter where one is.