Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella ReynaOctober 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Flower Mound Christmas Parade

The Town of Flower Mound will hold its annual Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 8.

This is the 23rd year of this community tradition, and many high school band students are eager to participate in the Christmas parade.

“It’s fun every year, and at the end of it, we feel very proud to represent Flower Mound High School,” senior drum major Shilpa Kudva said.

This is Kudva’s fourth and final year to participate in the parade.

“Participating in the parade is one of the best parts of being in band,” Kudva said. “I’m sad this is my last year. I will miss it.”

Since this is the first Christmas parade for many 9th grade students, they are very excited to showcase their talents and skills to the Flower Mound community.

“I won’t be playing because of the instrument I play,” freshman oboe player Aubrey Johnston said. “But I’m excited because I get to spend the parade walking with my friends doing what we do best together: band.”

Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus will make a special appearance at the parade. Participants on floats will toss candy to the children watching the parade to celebrate the holiday season with candy along with  music and holiday themed costumes.

In order to accommodate the parade, Cross Timbers will be closed from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.  The parade begins at 10:00 on Eaton Drive and finishes at Marcus High School. Additionally, the entire parade will be broadcasted on FMTV for the remainder of the month.

“We’re going to be on TV, so it’s kind of a big deal,” freshman clarinetist Katie McGhee said.

FMTV will be broadcast on Grande Cable Channel 12, Time Warner Cable Channel 16, and Verizon FIOS Channel 42.