Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

FMHS Choir Winter Show

On December 10, the FMHS choir has scheduled a holiday concert, “Legends of St. Nicholas”, at 8:00pm.

The members of the choir have been practicing and preparing for this concert since October. The choir also had an accompanist help them prepare for their upcoming show.

“An accompanist comes in and helps the choir harmonize and keep up with the tempo,” freshman Daniela Lopez said.

During the performance the choir will be singing a collection of holiday and Christmas themed songs.

“Each choir has different songs to perform for the show, but the freshman girls are singing ‘First Noel,’ ‘All Through the Night,’ and a few others,” freshman Caroline Sabolik said.

Choir members have been putting in long hours during class and at home in order to be prepared for all their concert demands.

“It’s nerve wracking when I first get on stage, but once I start singing I don’t want to get off stage.” Lopez said.

Since the choir has such an extensive performance schedule, there are a lot of opportunities for improvement.

“I’m pretty excited to sing for the Christmas concert this year,” Sabolik said. “It’s my first and I feel like I can improve a lot from our last performance.”

The Christmas concert is not just about the music; the choir is also taking money donations for the North Texas Food Bank. The donations will help feed the less fortunate on Christmas day.