Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Not the End: Just the Beginning

Ten athletes from Flower Mound High School have received full scholarships to universities across the country in recognition of their abilities in sports ranging from volleyball, basketball, softball, and golf; these talented athletes signed their letters of intent in mid-November.

Before the athletes signed they were scouted by coaches from various universities, and later took a tour of the campuses.

“I sent out my skills video to the college coaches and went on a visit to Northwest Florida State University,” senior performance course MVP Ashley Roe said.  “I’m looking forward to playing softball next year and hope to bring my team to success.”

Roe has been playing softball since the age of five, and recently received a scholarship giving her the opportunity to excel in sports medicine.                                                                                                                                                    “I know that softball can only take me so far; that’s why I want to get a really good education, and I know that UT Dallas has a good pre-med program. I plan on becoming a pharmacist,” said senior Taylor Nabors.

Nabors’ and Roe’s fellow softball teammates, Christy Lisenby and Ashley Fultz, also received full-ride scholarships.

Meanwhile, seniors Jordan Anderson, Briana Almon, Erin Layne, and Maddie Marr received their scholarships through volleyball.

“We all go to a big arena, play, and have coaches come watch us,” all-district champion Jordan Anderson said. “It’s really fun getting together with all the girls, but at the same time we have to make sure to bring our best game; you never know who’s out there scouting.”

Senior Fran Rodriguez received a scholarship for golf. After looking at schools all around the Indiana area, she eventually signed to Bowling Green, admiring the coaches and the school’s way of running their golf program. Rodriguez started golfing during her freshman year, and since then has improved her game by about 20 strokes.

The only basketball player to receive a scholarship to Northwestern University was Ashley Deary.

“Being the only girl from basketball, I feel really honored to have been chosen for a scholarship. It just makes me want to work a lot harder and be the best that I can be in college,” senior Ashley Deary said.

Hard work and dedication pays off in the long run because at the end of their hard work there is always something to look forward to. All of these athletes will be attending their colleges next year and are looking forward to a new chapter in their life.