Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella ReynaOctober 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

With Christmas just around the corner, traditions, shopping, decorating, food, and traveling are about to begin.  A selected amount of FMHS students partook in a Christmas survey, answering questions about their traditions and favorite parts of the holiday season.

“I start my Christmas shopping on Black Friday, sometimes way before that,” sophomore Taylor Hummel said.

When asked if they are a ‘pro’ present wrappers or if they fail miserably, the majority admitted to not being able to wrap.

“I’m awful… after trying for many years, I now just put my presents in bags,” freshman Danielle Mansour said.

When Christmas morning rolls around, most are still children at heart. Waking up around 6:00 or 7:00, not being able to sleep because of presents waiting under the tree, soon to be ours.

As children, we all are guilty of peeking at our presents one time or another. That hasn’t changed for freshman Alec Templer.

“I know all of my presents before Christmas because I peek,” Templer said.

The shared opinions of colored lights over white lights were unanimous. Every student who participated also agreed that Elf was their favorite Christmas movie.

“Elf! That movie is absolutely hilarious!” Danielle Mansour said without hesitation.

Whatever your favorite Christmas movie is; whether your Christmas tree is real or fake; topped by a star, angel or bow, the Christmas tree promises presents and the opportunity to make memories with loved ones.