Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Inclement Weather Procedures

When students in the Lewisville Independent School District wake up to a layer of snow in their front yards, the first thing to come to mind is “maybe school will be closed today.” This results in running downstairs and turning on the TV, hoping that the nice morning news lady will tell them that they can stay home.

However, not many know how the procedure actually runs.

When the possibility of bad weather arises, members of the school board collaborate and decide whether or not schools will open as usual for the day. The final decision is made by 6:30 a.m. and will be announced on LISD’s website, campus websites, and reported to local television stations KDFW-4, KXAS-5, WFAA-8, KTVT-11, KUVN-23 and KXTX-39. Additionally, radio stations WBAP- 820 AM, KWRD- 100.7 FM, KHKS- 106.1 FM, KLIF- 570 AM, KPLX- 99.5 FM, KRLD- 1080 AM and KVIL- 103.7 FM will announce the news.

If necessary, schools will open at delayed times. Elementary schools will open at 9:20 a.m., Middle schools at 10:15 a.m. and High schools at 9:45 a.m.

In case of a delayed opening, morning buses will run one and a half hours later than normal.

In the event of a potential bad weather situation, opposite to popular belief, no news is bad news; unless media outlets specifically announce that LISD schools are closed, they’re still open.