Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Behind Home Plate

On March 2nd, the FMHS Varsity softball team defeated Austin Bowie High School in Houston, 10-8. JV and Varsity played their first official game on February 18 at FMHS, with JV winning against Denton Guyer and scoring 6-3.

The teammates are getting to know each other during games and practice, but they also bond outside of softball.

The JV girls usually have dinners on Monday nights. Varsity and JV each have their own dinners at the house of one of their players.  During these dinners, the girls can talk and make friends without having a game on their minds.  

Everyone enjoys going to team dinners each week,” sophomore JV player Cierra Briggs said. “Throughout the season, you grow closer to everyone on the team.”

The Lady Jags have high hopes for the season and believe that they will do well.

I’m hoping we make it to state,” freshman Varsity and JV player Megan Gordon said. “Varsity is fun, but you have to have a tough mental game.”

Some team members feel that Lewisville HS will be tough teams to play against, but others have a different opinion.

I think that Marcus will be our most difficult opponent, because they have always been our rivals,” Briggs said. 

The softball girls play Lewisville on March 19th, with JV at 5 P.M. and Varsity at 7 P.M. They play Marcus on March 28th, with JV again at 5 P.M. and Varsity at 7:30 P.M.

To see the schedule’s for Varsity and JV, go to http://flowermoundhsjaguarsoftball.shutterfly.com/129. You can also follow @ladyjagsoftball and @powell_kell14 on Twitter for reminders about game dates, and game results.