Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella ReynaOctober 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Treble Choir Hits the Road to UT Arlington

FMHS choir teacher Adela Martinez and her first period freshman JV girls Treble Choir attended a clinic at University of Texas at Arlington on March 20.

After listening to the choir perform their pieces, UTA choir conductor Karen Kennaston-French, who was Martinez’s college choir director, critiqued the girls on their songs. These songs had been worked on by Martinez and her Treble Choir since the start of the spring semester.

I hope this experience at UTA will take us to the next level and assist my choir in singing with more confidence,” Martinez said. “It also helps to have a different source listen to us and give us pointers.”

Kennaston-French used several techniques to point out what needs to be done to boost the songs’ performances.

“The UTA choir director’s technique of having us repeat a section certainly improved the songs’ performances,” freshman Treble Choir member Nilanjana Nair said.

The Treble Choir also had the opportunity to listen in on a UTA choir rehearsal.

“The choir’s music was so mature, blended, and inspiring,” freshman Treble Choir member Grace Vaughn said.

Along with listening to rehearsals, the choir had the opportunity to tour the campus and take pictures of places like the fraternity, sorority, and performing arts buildings.

“I had a great time with my friends and learning more about choir to further influence my musical choices,” Nair said.

After the trip, the choir treated themselves to Baskin Robbins’ ice cream.

“The most memorable part of the field trip was the quick ice cream break,” Nair said.

The JV girls Treble Choir enjoyed the campus experience at UTA and plan to use the critiques given by Ms. Kennaston-French to enhance their overall performance for the upcoming UIL competition, which will take place in April.