Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Everybody Has a Story – Haley Rolf

Up north, people do things a little differently. Instead of soda, they say pop. They say “you guys” instead of “y’all”. The state of Ohio is no different. In 2006, while Cleveland rings with guitar solos from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the town of Hilliard says goodbye to the Rolf family as they journey to the Lone star State for Mr. Rolf’s job.

Haley Rolf, a senior at FMHS, was born in Michigan, but moved shortly after birth to Ohio where she spent most of her childhood.

“All I remember is the temperature,” Rolf said. “Ohio was the coldest place to live as a kid.”

Haley took an incredible leap with her family before her 7th grade year.

She went from coats and jeans to shorts and t-shirts when she moved to Texas in 2006.

“We moved to Texas because my dad got a promotion,” Rolf said. “The move was tough because I had never been there before.”

She attended Forestwood Middle School for her first two years in Texas.

“Overall, the school was pretty cool,” Rolf said. “Except the first day, I cried because I had nobody to sit with at lunch.”

After moving into FMHS, Haley decided to branch out and meet new friends in the freshmen class.

“I met kids from all over the town because I played freshmen Volleyball,” Rolf said. “I met a few of my best friends because of volleyball.”

Haley joined Fellowship of Christian Athletes her freshman year and received a position in the Oval Office this year.

“It’s such a blessing to have FCA in my life,” Rolf said. “I never imagined being the President of this wonderful organization.”

Haley, like most high school students, works to earn money for college.

“Fortunately, I got a job with the Container Store,” Rolf said. “It has given me so much experience working for a top company in Dallas.”

She will be attending the University of Arkansas next year as a Business Administration major.

“I plan to major in business administration for healthcare and minor in marketing,” Rolf said. “Woo Pig Sooie.”

After college, Haley wants to work in the healthcare field.

“Family is important to me,” Rolf said. “I want to help other families through healthcare.”

Number one on Haley Rolf’s bucket list is to overcome her biggest fear.

“Before I die, I want to swim with sharks,” Rolf said. “I’m deathly afraid of fish and I want to swim with the big ones to overcome this fear.”

It’s true — you are different from every human in the world. You may like similar things, but you will always have traits that separate you from the person next to you. What’s your story?