Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Everybody Has a Story – Casey Jacobsen

As the sun creeps over the horizon, a moving truck door is slammed shut interrupting the sheer beauty of the landscape. Waves from a shimmering lake out front of the newly sold house point to the snow-capped Rocky Mountains that the Jacobsen family wouldn’t see until many years later. The now-sophomore, Casey Jacobsen, was four years old, and he and his seven year old brother, Mackay, his dad, and his mom are about to leave the outdoor dreamland of Utah for Texas.

Casey’s dad, Travis Jacobsen, was transferred to a new sector for a business in Texas, so the move to north Texas was inevitable. After getting acclimated in Flower Mound, Travis started up a baseball team for Mackay, and two years later he did the same for Casey.

Growing up in a successful baseball program left me with many memories,” Jacobsen said. “I will never forget going to nationals in Cooperstown, New York and seeing the Baseball Hall of Fame.”

Then, Bethany was born, and Casey became a big brother and role model.

Remembering Bethany’s birth is a little gross,” Jacobsen joked. “But really, I now know that ever since that day my sister has watched my every move, and I love it.”

Casey attended Shadow Ridge Middle School, where he sped by everybody in track.

My fondest memory is definitely track season,” Jacobsen said. “We trained hard, and I was ranked in district for the 400-meter dash.”

High school rolled around, and it was time for Casey to step up and play for the Flower Mound Jaguars baseball team. As a sophomore on Varsity, Casey is already proving his immense skill.

To be on the Varsity team is such a blessing,” Jacobsen said. “It was always a dream to be able to play on the same field as my brother, and here we are.”

Casey and his family are committed to their faith in God, and with this stronghold, Casey also decided to join Younglife.

With YL, I am with the baseball team as we worship,” Jacobsen said. “I am so happy that we are a community of people all centered on God.”

Like his older brother Mackay, Casey takes part in Boy Scouts. Mackay just recently received the prestigious honor of Eagle Scout, and Casey aspires to achieve this accolade as well.

Watching my brother work hard for his Eagle Scout really pushes me to do the same,” Jacobsen said. “I hope that I can get there soon, because I’m getting a little anxious.”

To Casey, college baseball would be a dream regardless of the institution.

I want to go to BYU and play baseball like my brother,” Jacobsen said. “But really, I just want to have the opportunity to play ball somewhere.”

The men in the Jacobsen family are all sports fanatics. Also, Travis’ sons have a unique interest in how the brain works. Both Mackay and Casey plan to study Sports Psychology in college.

This year in baseball, we started watching a sports psychologist named Brian Cain for mental training,” Jacobsen said. “He has truly inspired me to help kids and athletes work past their mental blocks to succeed in sports.”

Casey Jacobsen is a student just like you. His story is different than yours, but he isn’t a superhero. He is just a sophomore with an interesting story.

It’s true; you are different than every human in the world. You may like similar things, but you will always have traits that separate you from the person next to you. What’s your story?