Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella ReynaOctober 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

FMHS to Hold Colorguard Tryouts

FMHS will hold tryouts for the 2013-2014 Colorguard season the week of April 29- May 4 in the third gym.

High school students who have a passion for spinning flags, rifles, and sabers, performing, and competing enlist in colorguard, which allows students to represent their school at all of the football games and many competitions.

The colorguard works closely with the marching band during football season, performing in all of the halftime shows with the marching band. When the colorguard season ends, Winterguard season begins.

“Winterguard is similar to colorguard in that we spin flags, sabers, and rifles, but we perform indoors, and we do not work with the band,” freshman Tess Hendry said. “Winterguard also splits into Varsity and JV.”

Boys and girls entering the 9th through 12th grade interested in learning new skills and showing spirit for their school may try out for colorguard.

“I’m looking forward to tryouts, and another year of working with this great team.” Hendry said. “I love being surrounded by all these great girls, and the team lets me support my school and show school spirit.”

Tryout week spans from Monday to Friday, from 5:30 to 8:30 PM. The first four days of the week the candidates learn basic spinning skills and dance technique. FMHS will hold the official tryouts on Friday in the third gym. Hopefuls must perform the skills they learned in front of a panel of judges, who score them on their performance.

“Tryouts are long and stressful, but it’s all worth it.” Hendry said.

Colorguard and its members are looking forward to a new year with a new team, and showing FMHS what they can do.