Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

LISD Mobile: Taking Technology One Step Further

A hit among the Lewisville ISD community, the LISD Mobile app was worked on extensively throughout the 2012-2013 school year and launched March 2013. From students to faculty members, the free app puts up-to-date information in the hands of iPhone and Android users.

The LISD committee, under a new initiative called  “Strategic Design”, has taken several measures towards giving students the latest technology and creating innovative ways to further their education. Some of these measures include the current “Bring Your Own Technology” rule and the use of iPads and other technology, such as laptop computers, for educational purposes. With LISD Mobile, the committee has again found a way to implement the use of educational technology in the district.

The app features a campus directory, daily notifications on current news, and even links to the district’s social media sites on Facebook and Twitter. LISD Mobile users can narrow down their notifications by choosing an elementary, middle, or high school campus from a list of all LISD schools. Students also have the opportunity to subscribe to blogs from the five LISD high schools. Only news from the specified school and the district appear on the app’s notifications, which can be deleted to clear the screen of clutter. Immediate notifications on bad weather days and other urgent information are also provided by the app.

The LISD technology team has plans for the addition of new features in the coming months, including the ability to check student grades and meal payment balance, which will help maximize the versatility of LISD Mobile.

Based on Lewisville ISD’s new logo, called “Progressive Stars”, the app’s theme reflects a modern feel. An easy screen layout makes even the most technologically challenged users comfortable with finding different informational tabs.

LISD also plans to redesign the district’s website layout in the future to reflect the district’s progressiveness into the modern world.