Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Election Winners to Lead FMHS Next Year

Recently, elections for FMHS student council officers took place. The student body officers are: Jackie Robillard, president; Hannah Schwartz, vice president; Stephanie Beasley, secretary; Erin Brooks, Treasurer; and Victoria Brooks, Parliamentarian.

Next, the senior class officers are: Nive Manohar, president; Ashley Davenport, vice president; Chloe Harris, secretary; and Angela Wang, class representative.

The junior class officers are: Hanaa Syed, president; Keeton Schenck, vice president; Halle Magee, secretary; and Minorie Vaidya, business manager.

The junior class officers are: Jonathan Choi, president; Hwanhee Kim, vice president; and Timmy Laico, secretary.

I ran for senior president because I genuinely care, and I really want to help my school and make a difference,” Manohar said.

Manohar hopes to make senior year fun for everyone, and looks forward to making positive changes that affect more than just her StuCo peers.

I am not involved in many extracurricular activities, so I knew I’d have enough time to dedicate myself to being a good president. Junior year is a busy year, so I needed the free time to organize the events,” Syed said. “I thought it would be a good idea to get a range of opinions on things we do, and because I feel like I get along with most people, I thought I’d be fit for the role.”

Syed wants her decisions to be influenced mainly by the students in her class, so events don’t just reflect what she wants, but what all juniors want.

I honestly just want to make everyone want to be more involved in the school,” Syed said. “Coming into high school, I wasn’t very spirited. I want to influence by peers to have more pride in our school and participate more in school activities.”

Choi also hopes to contribute ideas to make school events more exciting and involve students.

I decided to run for president because I feel like I have the leadership skills a president needs, and I believe I great value to student council,” Choi said. “I plan to help out Mrs. Owens and Mrs. Waller, give them ideas, and be a great leader.”

Robillard is already thinking about next year, planning to make homecoming and prom StuCo’s main priorities. She believes that students are most eager about these two events, and hopes to make them memorable next year.

I wanted to be student body president because it’s the highest position for a student in Flower Mound and it’s an honor,” Robillard said. “I’ve been in student council since freshman year, so I think that because I’ve seen what student body presidents in past years have done, I’ll have a good idea of what I should do and be able to follow in their footsteps.”

Robillard and Schwartz work closely together in StuCo to lead the student body officers.
“It’s really a joint effort,” Robillard said. “We are the big decision-makers, and if I am unable to do something, I depend on her to help me out.”

StuCo believes in their 2013-2014 student officers to skillfully lead them next year, hoping the students display excellent leadership when they are put in action.