Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Summer’s Biggest Blockbusters

Some of the most successful films of all time have released this year, and the year isn’t even halfway over. From superheroes to racing, and luxurious millionaire parties and college for monsters, 2013’s movies can only get bigger and better this summer.

Iron Man 3, the year’s most successful film so far, came out on May 3. After saving New York in The Avengers, actor Robert Downey Jr. dons the Iron Man suit again to face his biggest nemesis- The Mandarin. Earning over a billion dollars, this movie may receive the title of the best summer movie.

Leonardo DiCaprio stars as the fabulously wealthy Jay Gatsby in The Great Gatsby, which came out on May 10. The film, based on F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel, tells Gatsby’s story as he falls in love with the beautiful Daisy Buchanan.

Four years after 2009’s Star Trek, director J.J. Abrams released Star Trek Into Darkness on May 16, which continues the story of the starship Enterprise and the crew meets a mysterious new foe, John Harrison.

The final chapter of the hilarious Hangover trilogy, The Hangover Part III, will be released on May 23, starring Academy Award nominated Bradley Cooper, Community star Ken Jeong, and Zach Galifianakis. The Wolfpack returns to Las Vegas, but as usual nothing goes right.

“I can’t wait until Fast and Furious 6 comes out,” freshman Veda Shenoy said. “I would rather watch Fast and Furious 6 than anything else this summer.”

After 2011’s major blockbuster, Fast Five, fans like Shenoy await Fast and Furious 6, which will release on May 24. With famous action stars like Vin Diesel, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, and Lost star Michelle Rodriguez, this film cannot be missed.

On June 14, Man of Steel, the first Superman movie in seven years, will come out. Retelling the origins of America’s beloved hero, Man of Steel may be the most popular movie of 2013.

“Most people want to see big, thrilling, action movies,” junior Maggie McGhee said. “But I’m waiting for Monsters University.”

From the makers of the critically acclaimed movies like Toy Story, Up, and The Incredibles, Monsters University reveals the past of everyone’s favorite monsters, Mike and Sulley. Featuring some of the greatest voice actors, such as Billy Crystal and John Goodman, this family-friendly film will stand out.

In 2010, sleeper hit RED told the story of elderly, retired secret agents returning to business. On July 19, action-comedy RED 2 hits theaters with famous action stars Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Anthony Hopkins, Brian Cox, and Helen Mirren.

“I love all the X-Men movies,” sophomore D.J. Andrews said. “And I love Wolverine, so I’m counting down the days until The Wolverine.”

Hugh Jackman returns to the role of Wolverine for the fifth time in The Wolverine. The Wolverine, to release on July 24, continues the story of Wolverine as he journeys to Japan to fight crime lord Shingen Yashida.

Many more movies premiere this summer, including the magical Now You See Me, the all-star casted This is the End, Despicable Me 2, The Lone Ranger, Grown Ups 2, The Smurfs 2, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, Cars spin-off Planes, The World’s End, and many more.