Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

FMHS Seniors Place at Destination Imagination Global Finals

From left to right: Shanelle Roberts, Elise McCarthy, Christine Henry, Miranda Smithey

On May 22-25, FMHS seniors Elise McCarthy, Christine Henry, Miranda Smithey, and LHS senior Shanelle Roberts traveled to the University of Tennessee in Knoxville with their team manager, Sorrel McCarthy, where they competed as a Secondary Level Destination Imagination team at the international Global Finals Tournament. Competing against 66 teams from all over the world in their Challenge at Globals, the team, called the Roy G. Bivletts, came in 6th place in their Central Challenge and 11th place overall.

The Roy G. Bivletts began preparing their Challenge Solution for this series of Tournaments last September. They competed at Region at Marcus High School in March, then at the State Tournament in Katy, Texas in April. To qualify for Globals out of Texas, which is the largest and most competitive DI affiliate in the world, teams must win 1st place at their regional Tournament, then place in the top 4 at the Texas State Tournament. Competing against 20 teams at State this year, this team of talented girls came in 3rd place overall, qualifying them a second time in a row for Global Finals. They are the only high school team in the entire TVNC region to make it to Global Finals this year or last year. As seniors, they also participated in a DI graduation ceremony while at Globals and were honored to be selected by the head of Texas DI, Sue Shanks, to represent Texas teams at a luncheon with the CEO of Destination Imagination, Chuck Cagle. They have been together as a team for ten years and are happy to have made it all the way to Globals again in their last year together!