Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Wrapping Up the Year

The 2012-2013 school year has come to an end. While the graduating seniors begin packing for a new life in college, upcoming freshmen, sophomores, and juniors look forward to a relaxing summer. With four more days of school left, all students are recalling their favorite moments of this year.

Prom is a popular memory for this year considering, it stood as Flower Mound’s first prom appearance at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

“Prom definitely topped my list of favorite events this year,” senior Megan Jefferson said. “The venue was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and the theme, Skyfall, completed the classy impression of the night.”

Not only have the students remained impressed by the location, but they can’t forget lavish cuisine, such as gelato, sushi, and any fruit you can name covered in chocolate. At the same time, prom attendees agreed that the company of their peers made this the event of the year.

“It was nice seeing everybody together having the time of our lives,” senior Fran Rodriguez said. “It is the last event before graduation that I could spend with all my friends as a high school student. I think that is why we all try to make the most of prom.”

Whereas prom prevails as a more obvious favorite of the year, some students most memorable event is a class.

“Pre-Cal is a class I will never forget,” senior Brendan Bridwell said. “Working for grades was really challenging, but overall my friends in the class made it worthwhile.”

“I actually enjoy math,” senior Taylor Lovell said. “Calculus was my favorite part of the year because I breezed right through it and had fun in the class.”

Some students’ most memorable parts of the school year did not necessarily take place in school. Senior Annalise Bush prefers the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks above all.

“I like school and seeing all my friends, but between the endless amounts of homework and test- taking, a small break is perfect,” Bush said. “Spending time with my friends and family, outside of asking for homework help, is a must.”

The holiday travel gives students the best remedy for school stress. It acts like a reward for all the hard work and effort put into studies, and extracurricular activities.

Whether it ranges from school dances to school breaks, all students have a memory of the 2012-2013 school year that they will never forget. These events will stay with Flower Mounders for the rest of their lives through yearbook notes, pictures, and stories.