Endgame Assembles New Records Opening Week

Daria Kropshofer

The movie Avengers: Endgame was released on Thursday, April 25th in the US and has already broken many records in the film industry. It made over $1 billion worldwide and had the international biggest opening weekend ever in history.

The blockbuster is Marvel’s 22nd movie and it concludes the Avengers movie series. The movie is the first to cross $1 billion on opening weekend and the fastest to reach a billion dollars. Within 5 days the movie has reached the billion dollar mark and it continues to break records worldwide.

In the movie the Avengers are trying to stop Thanos from destroying the planet and undo his actions, contributing to the destruction of the Earth and the disappearance of billions of people, including 12 super heroes. It shows the strength and power of teamwork and the importance of unity in many different aspects.

The Avengers, was released in 2012 and was the first of the Avengers movie series. There are four Avengers movies (including the newest), The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity war, and Avengers: Endgame. Avengers: Endgame has the highest number of viewers on opening weekend and it will continue to be a very popular movie and important in the movie industry’s history.