Jaguar Basketball to be Broadcasted Online

Richard Zane, Staff Writer

Unless they were at Jaguar Basketball’s Meet The Player Night, most members of the Flower Mound community have never heard of FMSN, Flower Mound Sports Network, a student-run organization that will be live streaming home basketball games this season.

FMSN is designed to give students interested in sportscasting valuable experience that they will need before going off to college.

“We are learning valuable information on how to manage and produce a broadcast show that incorporates video production skills and social communication,” senior FMSN member Decker Branch said.

Students will put on a full broadcast with commentary, video and possibly even replays of all Jaguar home games this season. Their product will be live streamed online for everyone from Flower Mound to Philadelphia or Los Angeles too see.

“People can watch the broadcast if they are at home and have homework or even have to babysit but still want to watch the games,” Decker said.

All FMSN broadcasts will be live streamed on the internet on a site to be announced later. In addition to doing home basketball games, FMSN has plans to do coaches’ interview shows as well as highlight shows once the students get more accustomed to the technology and everything else involved with making these shows.

“One of our goals is to get at least one highlight of ours to make the ESPN Top 10 on Sportscenter,” Decker said.

Decker Branch will be the play-by-play commentator with senior Colton Anderson adding color commentary. Senior Anthony Harlowe will be in charge of all music and sound featured on FMSN broadcasts. Other students involved are seniors Connor Osborne, Alex Wells and Riley Black.

“I’m excited to do play-by-play, but it’s the whole crew that matters,” Decker said. “Without the whole crew, we wouldn’t be able to put on the broadcast.”

FMSN plans to launch with their first game broadcast with the first boy’s home game in the new arena on Monday night. For more information regarding where to stream the broadcast, follow @fmhswire on Twitter.