Rosettes Get Ready

Tristynn Cox, Staff Writer

The Rosette Spring Show is right around the corner, and the Rosettes are hard at

work to ensure a wonderful show. This year’s theme, “Get the Message,” is all about communication. With the show just three weeks away, the girls are finishing up the final touches to their dances, receiving their costumes, and reviewing the procedures that are necessary to carry out the show.

“I love Rosettes and I’m having a great time,” sophomore Courtney Demers said. “I’m really excited to perform with the team for the first time on stage.”

Being a part of Rosettes is a difficult and demanding task, but it provides members with the opportunity to improve their dance technique, enhance their performance ability, and gain life skills such as teamwork, self-discipline, and time management. Many girls in the program have to put in extra hours to make sure they execute their routine perfectly.

“It’s a lot of hard work,” junior Stephanie Morales said. “You have to stay after school when you just want to take a nap and eat.”

The hard work seems to be paying off though, as the Rosettes have prepared dozens of dances including jazz, tap, hip hop, lyrical, and clog productions.

“It’s really tiring and annoying,” Courtney said. “But it’s all worth it in the end.”

The Rosettes also partake in many traditions throughout the school year. On the last night of Spring Show, the Rosettes group together in a tradition they call “circling-up.” The Rosettes form into three circles: the outermost circle containing first year members, the middle circle containing returning members, and the innermost circle containing seniors. Once the girls are in place, they begin to chant a song representing their pride in being a part of Rosettes. When the members “circle-up” the last night of Spring Show, it is particularly special. At the end of the night, the first year members get to join the returning members, and the juniors get to join the senior circle.

“I really love the last night of Spring Show when we all get to circle up,” Stephanie said. “It brings us together as a team and signifies our last performance all together.”

The Rosette Spring Show will be February 26-28 at 7:30 in the auditorium. Tickets can be purchased at http://www.fmhsrosettes.com/Events/SpringShow/Spring_Show.html.