Why Students Hate School Lunch

Priyanka Manthuruthil, Editorial Writer

The School Nutrition Association decided that they will be having stir fry stations with vegetables, although students often go out of school to buy their own lunch, since they do not like school lunch. Students hate school lunches, either: they believe they taste horrible, it isn’t well cooked or does not look appealing.They hate the  school provided lunch because they are forced to put fruits and vegetables on their tray everyday.

Many students 14-18 year olds do not like being forced to eat. They should have the option to choose what they like eating. If they do not have options to eat what they want to eat, then they may or may not have trouble choosing other things in the future. When they have options to eat, it allows them to choose whatever they like to eat. They won’t have to be forced to eat fruits or vegetables every single day except for weekends.

Students should be allowed to eat whatever they want instead being told,“ you can not eat this” or “that”. They need to be allowed to eat whatever they like instead of being forced to eat something that tastes horrible or looks disgusting. Students need the freedom to choose what they want to eat instead of being told what to eat.