Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Letters of Intent

Five Flower Mound High School athletes officially signed on to play at their selected colleges on Wednesday, February 6.

Seniors Ashley Waterman, Dustin Glaser, Shelby Wilson, Hannah Joseph, and Alexandria Vigil have all signed their letters of intent, accepted scholarships, and will soon be introduced to the world of collegiate sports.

Hannah Joseph will continue on to play for Texas A&M Corpus Christi. She joined the FMHS varsity soccer team her sophomore year and has made her mark on the team since then.

“I think of myself as a valuable player, because what I don’t have in size, I make up for in smarts,” Joseph said. “I always look for a way to make a play.”

Shelby Wilson and Alexandria Vigil, both FMHS soccer players, will also be moving on to college competition. Wilson will be playing for the University of Central Arkansas, while Vigil will be heading to the University of Beaumont, Texas. Both girls have showed tremendous dedication to their sport.

By the time a player reaches varsity level, play-makers are the ones that get the most time on the field.

“I am very proud of all our seniors,” girls soccer coach Trina Hamner said. “When they reach varsity level, these girls have almost reached near their full potential, and I look forward to hearing about how this year’s seniors will make their college teams better than before.”

Dustin Glaser, an offensive lineman, will be playing football for the University of Nebraska. Glaser has started in 22 games as a Jaguar.

“Dustin is a powerful and by-the-book play-maker,” head coach Dane Johnson said. “He was an excellent leader, and will be greatly missed. Next year’s linemen have big shoes to fill.”

Ashley Waterman will be competing in track and field for Western State University in Colorado. Waterman is known for her outstanding stamina, and her best time of 20:08 for the 5k cross country run.

Ashley is one of the hardest workers on the team and always sets a positive example for our younger athletes,” head coach Andrew Cook said. “I know she will go on to do great things at Western State University.”

The past four years of dedication and hard work have greatly paid off for all five of these athletes. Soon they will pursue their dreams of playing at a college level.