Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella ReynaOctober 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

The Heat Is On

Varsity Football Starts Season With Win Against Fossil Ridge
Camryn Hastings
Collin Rittenberry (12) celebrates on the field during the Jag win.

Heat waves echoed off the turf as our football players fought for the win last Friday night. Under both the sun’s burning rays and the stadium lights, our Flower Mound varsity football team won against Fossil Ridge 38-31. Despite the blistering heat, the first game of the season became a great success for our varsity team.

Dressed in heavy padding, playing in 110 degree heat is no easy feat. At the game, both band and Rosettes wore their lighter practice clothes instead of their usual uniforms in order to avoid strain from the heat.

“I’m glad we wore our practice clothes; it made the heat bearable,” said Rosette Captain Haylie Burel. 

As wearing less padding for the football players would have become hazardous, our team pushed through the scorching heat and burning turf in their normal gear to place our Jags in the win column following their debut.

“We had a lot of young guys that had their first experience playing in the varsity football game so [winning] definitely gives them confidence moving forward,” FMHS varsity football coach Brian Basil said. 

Juniors, such as Silas Wilson and Cameron Bouck, were spotted on the field amongst their senior teammates, with junior Elijah Luneke earning the title of Player of the Week. Basil hopes to better encourage younger players by getting them out on the field early in the season. Everyone under the lights worked together to secure Friday’s win.

The Jags hope to continue their winning streak against Lake Highlands this Friday night during our home game at 7:30 pm. Luckily, the next few games are projected to have cooler weather and even greater success.